Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Storing tools behind back seats

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
jeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
jeratbp's Tacoma Gallery
Storing tools behind back seats

Has anyone come up with a way to use the compartments to store your tools - not just throwing a tool box in there. I'm thinking something along the lines of hooks or hangers, or some other custom idea. Plus keeping them from rattling around - which is what's happening to me now since I've just thrown stuff in there.

If you have something, can you post a pic.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
yeah for the most part my tools stay put, i though about securing a cargo net over it all so you can still fold down the backseat and utilize the plastic flat part on the back of the backseat when hauling stuff inside the cab.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sounds like a noisy idea.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #6
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

my problem with the tool boxes are that the 5 ft bed is already short as it is, and i have a tonneau cover so no tool box. i did enjoy figuring out how to utilize the storage space inside the cab. its just enough space inside for the stuff i have,
such as:
drill, sawzall, screwdriver set, misc hand tools, wd 40, brake cleaner, funnel, socket set, electrical set, jumper cables, tow strap, mre's bottled water, tp, first aid, blanket, fire extinguisher. and i still have room to spare
Old 05-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #8

here is my space currently, but i will probably re-organize it soon Storing tools behind back seats-storage1.jpg

Storing tools behind back seats-storage2.jpg

Storing tools behind back seats-storage3.jpg

Storing tools behind back seats-storage4.jpg

Storing tools behind back seats-storage5.jpg
Old 05-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #9
jeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeratbp's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with Dan, I don't want to use valuable space in the bed of the truck.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys. I was thinking there must be a way to hang a ratchet or something on the upper part of the compartment.

So I have a 1/2" ratchet with a long handle which fits, but I just need a way to clip it up there. Maybe some velcro or something?
Old 05-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #11
07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
07 sport 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.swingcase.us/
^ Anyone tried these?
Old 05-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #12
Crooked Beat is on a distinguished road
Crooked Beat's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/Ergodyne-13770.../dp/B0013G5YAG
Old 05-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #13

now i did like the looks and function of the swingcase, but man $200 for one side, and its made of plastic... not secure enough for me

hey Jeremy can you take a pic of what you're thinking to do with the ratchet?

btw crooked beat, those roll up things are cool, i may get one. thanks for the link.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #14
tommyg29 is on a distinguished road

tommyg29's Tacoma Gallery
I agree those swingcases are ridiculously expensive, and I could never put valuable tools in there. Theyd just get stolen.
I have a doublecab so I use the folded-up 40 part of the 60/40 rear seat, and stack several soft sided tool carriers back there.
Problem is, if I ever have a rollover I will be sprayed with all kinds of lethal stuff.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #15

jeratbp's Tacoma Gallery
I keep all the tools and stuff on the 60 part of my 60/40 split seat. My sons car seat goes on the 40 side.

let me get a pic tonight or this weekend.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #16
hemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kurt
hemitruk's Tacoma Gallery
made small shelf in back compartment for a little more room and cut out under seat and carpeted it.
Attached Thumbnails
Storing tools behind back seats-sdc10340.jpg   Storing tools behind back seats-sdc10339.jpg   Storing tools behind back seats-sdc10342.jpg   Storing tools behind back seats-sdc10344.jpg  
Old 05-26-2012, 04:04 AM   #17
2011 TRD Sport is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
2011 TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2 tool roll-ups for my hand tools. They stay right behind the rear drivers side seat.

Arsenal 5870 Tool Roll-Up
by*Ergodyne
Old 05-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #18
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Couple tool bags from Harbor Freight. You have a job that requires carrying a lot of tools? Otherwise, not sure why you'd want to carry the extra weight.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #19

jeratbp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemitruk View Post
made small shelf in back compartment for a little more room and cut out under seat and carpeted it.
i really like that shelf you put in. great idea!
Old 05-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #20
sanga700 will become famous soon enoughsanga700 will become famous soon enough
sanga700's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have any pics but behind the back seat I got blue jack stand ( can lift up to 3500 lbs) 2 wheel chocks , jumper cable , first aid kit and etc...

Products Discussed in this Thread