Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Real world KBB example.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Real world KBB example.

I thought a few people might want to see this example. I just traded my 2006 for a 2010 Tacoma yesterday. (at a Nissan dealer)

KBB- 2010-Retail 31,759. 2006-trade in Very good condition 17,023. Difference of 14,736.

What I actually paid- 2010- 29,491. 2006 Trade in Very good condition 15,500. Difference 13,991.

So, the aggregate difference is just about the same. I did better than the book by ~745 dollars.

So if you are looking for a current real world example, there you go. KBB is high, but seems equally high.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
kbb on my truck is less than 10k, nada is almost 15k, it's all a bunch of speculation and bs really.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp1 View Post
I thought a few people might want to see this example. I just traded my 2006 for a 2010 Tacoma yesterday. (at a Nissan dealer)

KBB- 2010-Retail 31,759.
Thats more than what I paid for my '12 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4 new off the lot
Old 05-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Thats more than what I paid for my '12 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4 new off the lot
^^^ that is more than what I paid for a 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5.......
Old 05-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Here in NC these trucks are worth their weight in gold.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #6
Grundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Grundletaint's Tacoma Gallery
I paid right around that for my 12 DCLB TRD sport 4x4 w/ tow package, entune, etc
Old 05-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
I had a dealer shoot me a trade # and it was way below the KBB value. (4-5k) He told me no one wants a 5 spd manual in our area... and the truck was under the factory warranty at the time for another year and had about 20k miles, and in perfect condition. So its also relative to the area demand as well. But I do know I narrowed my market with both the 4 cyl and manual when I bought the truck.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #8
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
I had a dealer shoot me a trade # and it was way below the KBB value. (4-5k) He told me no one wants a 5 spd manual in our area... and the truck was under the factory warranty at the time for another year and had about 20k miles, and in perfect condition. So its also relative to the area demand as well. But I do know I narrowed my market with both the 4 cyl and manual when I bought the truck.
I would tend to believe the salesman was feeding you full of bs
Old 05-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #9
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
I would tend to believe the salesman was feeding you full of bs
Agreed,
After paying sticker for my first truck because I did not know any better, I have never paid even close to sticker on any vehicle after that.
My current truck had a $26,000 sticker, I paid $19,800
My wife's previous minivan had a $28,999 sticker, I paid $26,200.
Current minivan had a $34,950 sticker, I paid $ 28,000.

KBB value is like the sticker price, and then you negotiate down from there. On trade-in it is the opposite, they will offer you less and you have to negotiate up.

So, don't pay KBB value, and don't accept dealer's trade-in offer if it's lower than KBB - it is just a starting point for negotiations.