Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 Barcelona Red, 3" lift, XD Spy, Michelin M/S 2

Old 05-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Bodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud of

Bodz's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Barcelona Red, 3" lift, XD Spy, Michelin M/S 2

Pretty happy with my latest additions on my 2012 DC, thought I'd post a few pics and share. Hope you like it. I love it!

Dealer done 3" lift / level, 17" XD Spy wheels, Michelin 265/70/17 Michelin M/S 2 tires, warranty 100% intact.

God only knows where this will all end (likely with me in the poor house) but HEY ya only live once!
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Barcelona Red, 3" lift, XD Spy, Michelin M/S 2-p1030037.jpg   2012 Barcelona Red, 3" lift, XD Spy, Michelin M/S 2-p1030022a.jpg   2012 Barcelona Red, 3" lift, XD Spy, Michelin M/S 2-p1030011a.jpg   2012 Barcelona Red, 3" lift, XD Spy, Michelin M/S 2-p1030034.jpg   2012 Barcelona Red, 3" lift, XD Spy, Michelin M/S 2-p1030032.jpg  

Old 05-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
NRXTM is a jewel in the roughNRXTM is a jewel in the roughNRXTM is a jewel in the roughNRXTM is a jewel in the rough
NRXTM's Tacoma Gallery
nice ride!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Solid all around tire from what I've read, looking good!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Bodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud of

Bodz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Solid all around tire from what I've read, looking good!
Thanks. I've had the tires before and they are great. Silent, smooth, excellent handling (wet or dry) and they never seem to wear out = perfect for me!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
Uplander is on a distinguished road
Uplander's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good! I just picked up a Baecelona DC long bed myself a couple weeks ago. I'm loving it so far.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Love those wheels. 17X9? How far do they stick out?
Old 05-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #7

Bodz's Tacoma Gallery
XD Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
Love those wheels. 17X9? How far do they stick out?
Yes, 17 x 9's. How far they stick out was a huge concern for me too however they stick out very little so I am happy about that. Check out my photo gallery for more specific pics that will give you a better idea (click on the tiny camera icon near my profile name + before / after pics too):

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s.../72163/cat/500

Also, if you have any concerns, a simple & inexpensive mod would be to the rear mud flaps only, see attached stock / modded pics from another TW member. I'm considering that later on using an old piece of rubber mat cut to size / shape.

Overall, I am pretty happy with the XD Spy wheels, already had quite a few compliments and I have only had them one day. They made a dramatic change to the look of the truck.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Barcelona Red, 3" lift, XD Spy, Michelin M/S 2-mud_flap_before_mod.jpg   2012 Barcelona Red, 3" lift, XD Spy, Michelin M/S 2-mud_flap_mod.jpg  
Old 05-25-2012, 06:19 AM   #10

Bodz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TRDTaco10 View Post
Those wheels look great on your truck! Nice setup.
Thank you!
Old 05-25-2012, 07:47 AM   #11
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info. I am worried about them kicking up rocks on the truck.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #14

Bodz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuFerLife View Post
Beautiful truck! Love my leather option as well!
Thanks, no regrets here. That's for sure
Old 05-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #15

Bodz's Tacoma Gallery
Just did a mileage calculation with the new bigger tires and wheels, happy with the results - no change in gas mileage! The Michelin M/S 2 tires really do give an overall benefit in that the improved fuel economy compensates for the larger size tire / wheel combo.

For those of you who want to keep their truck completely stock, they would likely give improved mileage IMHO
Old 05-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #17
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodz View Post
Just did a mileage calculation with the new bigger tires and wheels, happy with the results - no change in gas mileage! The Michelin M/S 2 tires really do give an overall benefit in that the improved fuel economy compensates for the larger size tire / wheel combo.

For those of you who want to keep their truck completely stock, they would likely give improved mileage IMHO
Load range C? You happen to know the weight?
Old 05-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #18

Bodz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Load range C? You happen to know the weight?
Here's a link with the specs on the tire, it appears to be an SL load range (standard load), weighs 40.76 lbs. There appears to be at least 2 types of tires on every size of M/S2. I had these tires before on my F150 and they are great for those that do most of their driving on pavement or gravel, handle excellent, quiet, better gas mileage, long lasting tough tire that give a very nice ride. Instant major improvement over the stock tires on both vehicles. They are usually a little more costly than others but you don't have to replace them nearly as often so end up costing less overall.

https://shop.kaltire.com/tiresdetail...brandsearch/1/
Old 05-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #19

Bodz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonTaco View Post
The 2012's look awesome in red. Nice
Apparently so does the 2007. That is one gorgeous truck of yours!