1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need help with where to place a cb antenna i

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Vegas Tacoma, May 25, 2012.

1. May 25, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    Vegas Tacoma

Vegas Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner sr5(RIP) 2018 Focus Hatchback
    need help with how to attach a cb antenna to the bed of my 2006 tacoma doublecab

2. May 26, 2012 at 1:39 PM
    dlg636

dlg636 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrin
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Tacoma w/all the goodies
    DR front coils and rear shocks, deaver springs, load leveling airbags, k&n intake, JBA hedders and exhaust,Unichip power chip, URD short shifter, onboard air compressor, upgraded power inverter (1000W put in stock inverters location) budbuilt traction bar, warn transformer winch mount and warn winch, HID headlights and foglights, full LED bulb conversion, LED bed lights, full stereo system with GPS and they all roll on 16x8 black steel rock crusher and 285/75R16 BFG KM2's.
    my dad mounted his on the inside of his bed on the tail light (i guess you would call it hump). i mounted mines on the top of the rear bumper corner right in front of the tail light lens and i also have a second mount (i switch between the two depending on if i'm talking far or not) on my truck tool box. hope this helps you out.

3. May 27, 2012 at 5:07 PM
    400lbGorilla

400lbGorilla ^Son of a hamster, I smell of elderberries.

Member:
    First Name:
    T-LAM
    Ocean City, MD
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4X4 BASE
    Roof Rack, TRD exhaust, Hood Shield, Side Steps, 5% Tints, Tow Package, Bed Extender, Billies at 2.5, Toytec TSB AAL, Avid Offroad Bar, Cruise Control, Removed Sway, Hella 700s, 6000k HIDs, diff breather mod. DTRL, BHLM,Sockmonkyed.
    I mounted a 4' firestick using the bed cleat, drilled a opening on the side of the cleat, then used a bolt and washers to secure it. Put the cleat on the rail under the rear window, then ran the wire between the cab and bed, up thru the drain plug underneath and into the cab. Got the idea from someone else on here. I put it on a heavy duty CB spring, so if I need to pull it into the garage I slide the Cleat/CB antenna closer to the bed and bend the antenna under the opposite bedrail. Tucked outta the way. Plus if I want to change it from Drivers to Passengers side I just slide him over. There was a How-to on attaching it to the cleat somewhere, and somebody had some pics, it was the easiest and most convienant way for me. It only took a few minutes to open up the cleat enough to get a bolt thru, and the antenna was on. I picked up an extra set on trdsparks.com, just because I like to haul shit and hated losing the cleat.

4. May 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM
    lowinhz

lowinhz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Kurt
    Dandridge Tn
    Vehicle:
    11 DC SB 4x4 v6
    Billies@ 2.5, 2inch blocks, front hitch, xrc 8k winch on portable mount, 10 sub behind seat, Memphis amp, pioneer touch radio, cobra cb, 235/85/r16 duratracs with black rims, high lift jack, tint, remote start alarm, hella 500 lights, 59" curve led bar, snorkel, expo trailer with rat, car seat
    I mounted a ammo can to the bed rail then grounded the can to the frame and use my little wii stuck to the top

5. May 27, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    tuckdaddy

tuckdaddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tucker
    Lake McQueeney, Texas
    sub'd! im trying to figure out where to mount my antenna

6. May 27, 2012 at 7:01 PM
    Canazes9

Canazes9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 Dbl Cab TRD Sport / '12 Dbl Cab Offroad
  7. Jun 6, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    uno676

uno676 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lonnie
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCB Long Box 4x4
  8. Jun 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    PaintDrinkingPete

PaintDrinkingPete Well-Known Member

Member:
    NoVA
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    Full disclaimer -- I know almost less than nothing about CB radios, so I don't know if this example would apply to your situation...

In this thread though, the OP does a walk-through of CB radio install, and has mounted the antenna in the front...doesn't look too bad to me. Just figured I'd link this here since it's a related question.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/223025-hidden-cb-install-pics.html

9. Jun 6, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    Canazes9

Canazes9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 Dbl Cab TRD Sport / '12 Dbl Cab Offroad
    Haven't received yet. Will update when I do...

David

10. Jun 6, 2012 at 1:08 PM
    superwhite

superwhite Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sean
    Western NC
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab 4x4
    Dana 60 rear Chevy 63's shackle flip mid travel gears lockers and 38's in progress
    I mounted mine to the bed rail also but used a clamp I machined on the lathe. I grounded the mount to the bedside with a short wire. I'm getting swr readings of 1.2-1.5 with my 4' firestick.

Products Discussed in

To Top