Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

need help with where to place a cb antenna i

Old 05-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
b.prall is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
b.prall's Tacoma Gallery
need help with where to place a cb antenna i

need help with how to attach a cb antenna to the bed of my 2006 tacoma doublecab
Old 05-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
dlg636 has a spectacular aura aboutdlg636 has a spectacular aura aboutdlg636 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Darrin
dlg636's Tacoma Gallery
my dad mounted his on the inside of his bed on the tail light (i guess you would call it hump). i mounted mines on the top of the rear bumper corner right in front of the tail light lens and i also have a second mount (i switch between the two depending on if i'm talking far or not) on my truck tool box. hope this helps you out.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
^Son of a hamster, I smell of elderberries.
400lbGorilla is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: OS
Name: T-LAM
400lbGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
I mounted a 4' firestick using the bed cleat, drilled a opening on the side of the cleat, then used a bolt and washers to secure it. Put the cleat on the rail under the rear window, then ran the wire between the cab and bed, up thru the drain plug underneath and into the cab. Got the idea from someone else on here. I put it on a heavy duty CB spring, so if I need to pull it into the garage I slide the Cleat/CB antenna closer to the bed and bend the antenna under the opposite bedrail. Tucked outta the way. Plus if I want to change it from Drivers to Passengers side I just slide him over. There was a How-to on attaching it to the cleat somewhere, and somebody had some pics, it was the easiest and most convienant way for me. It only took a few minutes to open up the cleat enough to get a bolt thru, and the antenna was on. I picked up an extra set on trdsparks.com, just because I like to haul shit and hated losing the cleat.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
lowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Papa Kurt
lowinhz's Tacoma Gallery
I mounted a ammo can to the bed rail then grounded the can to the frame and use my little wii stuck to the top
Old 05-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
Get a bite hippies
tuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud of

Name: Tucker
tuckdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd! im trying to figure out where to mount my antenna
Old 05-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
Canazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Canazes9's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/arm...ounts-ato.html

I've got mine on order, waiting for it to be built. Get a few more orders in, may speed up the process....

David
Old 06-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
uno676 is on a distinguished road

Name: Lonnie
uno676's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canazes9 View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/arm...ounts-ato.html

I've got mine on order, waiting for it to be built. Get a few more orders in, may speed up the process....

David
How did this work for you? Did you get a good enough ground for low SWRs?
Old 06-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #8
PaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PaintDrinkingPete's Tacoma Gallery
Full disclaimer -- I know almost less than nothing about CB radios, so I don't know if this example would apply to your situation...

In this thread though, the OP does a walk-through of CB radio install, and has mounted the antenna in the front...doesn't look too bad to me. Just figured I'd link this here since it's a related question.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tall-pics.html
Old 06-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
Canazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Canazes9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uno676 View Post
How did this work for you? Did you get a good enough ground for low SWRs?
Haven't received yet. Will update when I do...

David
Old 06-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #10
superwhite is on a distinguished road
Name: sean
superwhite's Tacoma Gallery
I mounted mine to the bed rail also but used a clamp I machined on the lathe. I grounded the mount to the bedside with a short wire. I'm getting swr readings of 1.2-1.5 with my 4' firestick.