1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Towing tire pressures

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Phrog, May 26, 2012.

1. May 26, 2012 at 2:04 AM
    Phrog

Phrog [OP] New Member

Member:
    What are the recommended tire pressures for a Gen 2 double cab when towing?
    Thanks

2. May 26, 2012 at 3:05 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    First off, welcome to the forum. It all depends on how much weight you're towing. If it's light, you can get away with having factory spec pressures for light weight and short distances. To be safe though, look on the sidewall of the tire for the tires max psi. You can air them up to that max pressure and be golden, then when you're not towing just release the pressure back down to your desired point. And again, welcome to the T-Dub

3. May 26, 2012 at 5:09 AM
    iroh

iroh Well-Known Member

Member:
    michigander
    Vehicle:
    07 AC SR5 2.7 5MT 4x4
    tonneau
    Maybe not something so extreme. Many around here run E-rated LT tires with a sidewall max of 80 psi.

Personally I'd stick with the 36-40 psi range for towing. There's good grip at that pressure, the tire deflects a little less under the trailer's influence than stock pressure, and the bed won't be so jittery over bumps which can be a spooky thing with a trailer attached.

Products Discussed in

To Top