Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hi lift jack questions/suggestions

Old 05-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manny
Location: San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch)
LilManny's Tacoma Gallery
Hi lift jack questions/suggestions

So with the lift and new bigger tires I need a new jack because I don't want to be "that guy" stuck on the road with a stock jack! Hahah we've all seen that.

I know a lot of guys are running hi-lift jacks however with a stock body and no sliders how do you lift the truck without causing damage???

I looked and didnt find any info on how people are using these so here's a new thread.. Thanks for the help in advance
Old 05-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I think a lot of them hope itís one of the rear tires so they can lift off of the tow-receiver.

Toss a couple pieces of wood under your factory jack to giveit some height. Might not be pretty but it would work.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
Country101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to all
Country101's Tacoma Gallery
Hi-lift makes an accessory that hooks onto your rims to lift with. You can see it on thier website. would take a little more jacking, but I think you could lift the whole side of your truck from the good wheel.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
They make a bumper adapter, but I'd be hesitant. They also make a wheel adapter but then you'd need a jack stand ideally.

IMO, best bet is get a new bottle jack and possibly a scrap block of wood or use your stock jack and scrap block of wood.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah I know I could use a block of wood however I don't wanna carry a block around..
Old 05-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #6
Uplander is on a distinguished road
Uplander's Tacoma Gallery
A block of wood is a whole lot smaller and less heavy as well as taking up less room. Unless you have sliders or don't care about damaging your paint, body or bumper then a block and bottle jack it your best bet. I've used wood and flat rocks in a pinch out on the trail with a bottle jack.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Personally i use a hi lift, especially while out on a trail. But since I dont pack the hilift in the truck 24/7 I just bought an 8 ton bottle jack. I keep a couple scraps of wood in the truck and the jack fits nicely where the stock jack goes. Win win if you ask me.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
I am also mostly stock and share your concerns...after a bit of asking around I picked up a base...I also got a rear receiver shackle and can use that as a lift point as well...

http://www.hi-lift.com/accessories/off-road-base.html

And this is the lift-mate...the thing with the hooks that hooks onto your stock wheel to give you a lift point...

http://www.hi-lift.com/accessories/lift-mate.html

I mounted it to the rail system with a hi-lift mount that one of the vendors did a group buy here not too long ago and it works GREAT!!

Might want to take a look here - good article by Bill Burke on the hi-lift....

http://www.bb4wa.com/articles/hilift_jack.html
Old 05-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #11
kieth is on a distinguished road
kieth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO View Post
Go to your autoparts store and get a bigger bottle jack.... I sure as hell would never lift my vehicle off of the wheel...
ya fuck that, unless your runnin steelies maybe
Old 05-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #12
socaltaco

Quote:
Go to your autoparts store and get a bigger bottle jack.... I sure as hell would never lift my vehicle off of the wheel...
Yeah not happening after spending $1000 on rims! Probably gonna try and upgrade bottle jacks just don't see anything high enough
Old 05-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #13
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilManny View Post
Yeah not happening after spending $1000 on rims! Probably gonna try and upgrade bottle jacks just don't see anything high enough
Maybe try a farm supply store? They might have a heavier, taller bottle jack for farm equipment.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #14
socaltaco

Quote:
Maybe try a farm supply store? They might have a heavier, taller bottle jack for farm equipment.
Haha those aren't on every corner here in SoCal! Jk I'm sure I can find something
Old 05-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #15
drsus is on a distinguished road

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
if youre going places where you need a hi-lift, the you should be wearing protection to (bumpers, rock sliders etc), which are the best places to hook your hi-lift from.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #16
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...7791_200457791

lifts 18 5/8"