Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Can TPMS be bypassed?

Old 05-28-2012, 03:35 AM   #21
Hot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really nice
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
Where on the vehicle would you store the PVC pipe setup?

center console ? glove compartment?

any more people use this PVC pipe mod ??
Old 05-28-2012, 03:41 AM   #22
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot2na View Post

I'm sure anywhere on the vehicle where it would remain out of site, maybe rear cab storage compartment. I personally would just deal with the light.....

Old 05-28-2012, 03:52 AM   #23
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I have yet another way

take small piece of 1/2" long electric tape
place over light on dash

in all seriousness though I don't even notice mine on any longer. You get used to it after a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by over60 View Post
That's what I did when my spare tire sensor rotted off....I ain't paying $50.00 for a new one... I don't see the light anymore....

Don't make your tape any bigger than 5/8" x 5/8" square or you might block the other lights....

Works for me...

I've got the electric tape mod as well. All I did was clean the gauge glass(or plastic) turn the key to on position to illuminate the gauge lights and turn the cruise on. This shows you where all the lights are so you don't cover the ones you need. Took my electric tape and cut a back slash into it to fit better on the cluster and cut it strait on the other end just long enough to cover the TPMS light but not cover any other. It's worked for 40k miles now, no problems.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #24
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Under the back seat
Old 05-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #25
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The only problem I see with the PVC thing is that it kinda looks like a pipe bomb.

Otherwise it's an awesome DIY fix.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #26
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Whom on here would be interested in a Plug and Play TPMS defeat circuit?
Old 05-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #28
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Whom on here would be interested in a Plug and Play TPMS defeat circuit?
I'm sure lots would
Old 05-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #29
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm sure lots would
Pretty sure this can be a product.

Stay tuned.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #30

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
Details?
It will be a two connector item, with the correct circuitry to satisfy/fool the ECU.
Checking schematics now, I will be posting on my website for purchase in the coming days.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #31

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pretty sure this can be a product.

Stay tuned.
Plug and play VSC / ABS bypass would sell too
Old 05-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #32
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
... Sub'd ...
Old 05-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #33

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Plug and play VSC / ABS bypass would sell too
Whats this, is there threads about this?
Old 05-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #34

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whats this, is there threads about this?
Yes , TW member Crom has a few threads on ABS bypass

Basically it allows you , with a switch , to disable the ABS system for snow / offroad conditions , the byproduct of disabling the ABS is that it shuts down the VSC as well

Sorry , I'm on my phone or I would find you the links
Old 05-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #35
jassco has a spectacular aura aboutjassco has a spectacular aura aboutjassco has a spectacular aura about

jassco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I put mine in one of the storage cubbies in the bed. 1 year and no issues.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #36
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It will be a two connector item, with the correct circuitry to satisfy/fool the ECU.
Checking schematics now, I will be posting on my website for purchase in the coming days.
Compatible with 05 Tundras also???
Old 05-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #37
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes , TW member Crom has a few threads on ABS bypass

Basically it allows you , with a switch , to disable the ABS system for snow / offroad conditions , the byproduct of disabling the ABS is that it shuts down the VSC as well

Sorry , I'm on my phone or I would find you the links

This would sell like hotcakes to the off road community

abs kill links:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post3550563

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post1477524

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ml#post3878980
Old 05-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #39

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
I like hotcakes! LEt me research it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Old 05-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #40

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Will I get mine for free for bringing it to your attention ?