Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Can TPMS be bypassed?

Old 05-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #41
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Would definitely buy an ABS kill, as well as TPMS.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #42
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Will I get mine for free for bringing it to your attention ?
Thats kinda funny, your third person that wants one for free!
Old 05-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #43
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Thats kinda funny, your third person that wants one for free!
But I'm the only one who brought the subject up first , the others are posers and hangerson
Old 05-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #44
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
But I'm the only one who brought the subject up first , the others are posers and hangerson
Agreed,
They are billing themselves as beta testers! Go figure!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #45
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Agreed,
They are billing themselves as beta testers! Go figure!
I could be the alpha tester
Old 05-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #46
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I could be the alpha tester
But you're the one that says to just glue the PVC together!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #47

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
But you're the one that says to just glue the PVC together!
Two different systems

I want the ABS / VSC bypass , the PVC vessel is for the TPMS system
Old 05-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #48
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It will be a two connector item, with the correct circuitry to satisfy/fool the ECU.
Checking schematics now, I will be posting on my website for purchase in the coming days.
I'll be getting one.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #50

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully this is my weekend project, and will get it on the web for sale.
Stay Tuned!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #51

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hopefully this is my weekend project, and will get it on the web for sale.
Stay Tuned!
TPMS or VSC / ABS ?
Old 05-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #52

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TPMS or VSC / ABS ?
TPMS is first
Old 05-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #53
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a TPMS resistor string and diode bypass for my 11 Tundra.
Will be nice to see one done for the tacoma & available here
Old 06-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #54
jeepinoutwest is on a distinguished road
jeepinoutwest's Tacoma Gallery
Flip your spare tire so the value stem faces down and store your tpms pressurized device inside the wheel. Added benefit of not having to take spare down to check/fill air.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #55
RI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
RI Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Any work on the TMPS bypass?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #56
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TPMS is first
Rob, just a friendly suggestion but with the over population of slimey lawyers, I'd print out a disclaimer and stick it on any product you sell that disables any of the vehicle's safety equipment. It should have lots of catch phrases like "Off Road Use Only", "At Your Own Risk" and "I'm not responsible for you being a jackass and wrecking your vehicle because I showed you how to disable your ABS". I don't know if you have your own business that you'd be selling these through or not but your lighted 4wd switch is one thing, disabling safety features could get you into some trouble if you're not careful. I would hope it'd never come to that but unfortunately you never know these days...

To the person who made the comment about the PVC looking like a pipe bomb, an alternative would be a wheel barrel tire. If you work on a military base, or any secure place that inspects your vehicle upon entering, I'd go with the tire vs. the PVC pressure vessel just for that reason.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #57
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #58

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
Patience!!
Summer has arrived in Montana, so indoor activities have slowed greatly!!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #59
Hot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really nice
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
anybody try flipping the sensors from the steel wheels 180 degrees and reuse them in the alloy wheels as mentioned in one of the posts above???
Old 06-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #60
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot2na View Post
anybody try flipping the sensors from the steel wheels 180 degrees and reuse them in the alloy wheels as mentioned in one of the posts above???
Yep, lots of people.