Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Can TPMS be bypassed?

Old 12-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #81
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymike View Post
That looks like a pipe bomb
x2

Not a good thing to have if you got puilled over.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #82
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppham444 View Post
I suggest you guys not use ABS plastic as a pressure vessel. The jarring and thermal cycle inside your truck will cause the material to fail. I use galvanized pipe. I rigged mine up with a switch that lets me know if there's moisture on the inside of the pipe to prevent the tpms from rusting.

PVC
Old 12-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #83
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
x2

Not a good thing to have if you got puilled over.
How many times do cops search under or behind the seats ?
Old 12-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #84
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
How many times do cops search under or behind the seats ?

Well in my truck just about every time they pull me over.

Could be the weed smell
Old 12-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #85

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Well in my truck just about every time they pull me over.

Could be the weed smell
Your truck moves ?
Old 12-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #86
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Your truck moves ?

Yep. Just sounds like it's going to explode when I run it. Had it out last weekend for some 4x4. I have only driven it 3 times in the past 2-3 months.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #87
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
I have my Scanguage covering up the light on the dash..don't even know its there.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #88
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
I hacked my 2010 Yaris TPMS module, and cut one lead and
soldered to another, installed a switch

when running my TPMS wheels, I turn it on...works like the gubmint wants it to

when running wheels without TPMS, I flip the switch and the light on the
dash goes away, and all my VSC and TRAC still works. works sweet.
I do not know if I can make this work on
a tacoma, but when I get my 2013 tacoma soon, I will deep-dive and see
if the same switch can be slapped in

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11058 jump to post 115
Old 12-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #89
jassco has a spectacular aura aboutjassco has a spectacular aura aboutjassco has a spectacular aura about

jassco's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my pvc canister in the little cubby in the bed for 2 solid winters. I haven't had to add any air yet. For $5 is failing after a few years even a valid concern?
Old 12-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #90
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
I just deal with the light. Don't bother me!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #91
Scott2006 is on a distinguished road
Scott2006's Tacoma Gallery
I spend a lot of time in Baja and my Spanish isn't good enough to explain what that pipe thing is. I got a nice little lady bug sticker from my grand daughter and fixed the problem...
Old 02-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #92
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppham444 View Post
I suggest you guys not use ABS plastic as a pressure vessel. The jarring and thermal cycle inside your truck will cause the material to fail. I use galvanized pipe. I rigged mine up with a switch that lets me know if there's moisture on the inside of the pipe to prevent the tpms from rusting.

i could not get mine to work with steel nipples and caps.
Switched to PVC and it worked fine.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #93
biglinc is on a distinguished road

Name: linc
biglinc's Tacoma Gallery
tpms

I removed the cluster and took a tiny piece of electrical tape and placed it under the thin plastic cover and over the hole where the light is,one piece up one piece down , this hides the light and is very easy to do , its reversable and you only have to peal the black cover back and remove the clear plastic shell, you can do it without removing the needles, just be carfull not to cover up part of your turn signal arrow, ask me how I know this, this whole operation only took about 15 minutes max ,the gauge cluster comes out very easy , I have done this on lots of vehicals in the past mostly the check engine light but also the tpms, the best part of this mod is that you cannot even tell there is any tape or any problem with the system , I don't need O'bama telling when I've got a flat!!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #94
biglinc is on a distinguished road

Name: linc
biglinc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglinc View Post
I removed the cluster and took a tiny piece of electrical tape and placed it under the thin plastic cover and over the hole where the light is,one piece up one piece down , this hides the light and is very easy to do , its reversable and you only have to peal the black cover back and remove the clear plastic shell, you can do it without removing the needles, just be carfull not to cover up part of your turn signal arrow, ask me how I know this, this whole operation only took about 15 minutes max ,the gauge cluster comes out very easy , I have done this on lots of vehicals in the past mostly the check engine light but also the tpms, the best part of this mod is that you cannot even tell there is any tape or any problem with the system , I don't need O'bama telling when I've got a flat!!
if anybody does this mod they should take some pitures , I should have!!