Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

05+ 4X4 spindles

Old 05-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
Four Wills is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Four Wills's Tacoma Gallery
05+ 4X4 spindles

Okay here's the deal. I'm not sure why I can't find a spindle lift to place with a diff drop of a inch or two, combined with my uca's and 3.5" coilover lifts. Talk to me, what am I missing?
Old 05-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Wills View Post
Okay here's the deal. I'm not sure why I can't find a spindle lift to place with a diff drop of a inch or two, combined with my uca's and 3.5" coilover lifts. Talk to me, what am I missing?
The axle cv joint clearing the LCA?
Old 05-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
The axle cv joint clearing the LCA?
Also the fact that there are no spindle lifts for 4wd Tacos.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Also the fact that there are no spindle lifts for 4wd Tacos.
/\/\/\
Old 05-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
I realize they don't make them. My question is why not if you lower the diff? 2" diff drop should eqal 2" spindel lift.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
If you lower your diff your diff will be lower. There would be no change in ride height.

DB lifts lower the diff with drop brackets and include new spindles which can be considered as lift spindles.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
I change my ride height by adding bigger tires. Uppers stay the same spindle lowers center of tire by 2", giving me a 4" bigger tire.?.?
Old 05-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
Banned
Yes but then you would have crazy CV angles. In order to compensate you would need to drop the diff but shims will not cut it. You would twist the diff toward that back of the truck because of the leverage from it sitting lower. DB lifts brace everything up so you can't rip the diff out of the truck.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #9
Understoud. I spent the weekend with the boys at Calico (Old School FJ on 35s, Gen 1 4runner on 38s, 86 standard cab on 38s. All with lockers double transfers. . .) My wheel base is killing me with 3.5" all the way around and 34s. Looking for a way to gain clearance without going SFA
Old 05-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #10
Please forget I ever asked. I looked at your "Upgrades" and were on different pages. I didn't realize you where a Pavement Pusher. Thanks anyway. I'll switch to a off-road forum.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Understoud. I spent the weekend with the boys at Calico (Old School FJ on 35s, Gen 1 4runner on 38s, 86 standard cab on 38s. All with lockers double transfers. . .) My wheel base is killing me with 3.5" all the way around and 34s. Looking for a way to gain clearance without going SFA
This is why I would get a Jeep for serious wheeling if I was into it.

Quote:
Please forget I ever asked. I looked at your "Upgrades" and were on different pages. I didn't realize you where a Pavement Pusher. Thanks anyway. I'll switch to a off-road forum.
My truck may be mostly a pavement pounder but that doesn't mean it hasn't seen some action or that I don't know a little of what I'm talking about.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #13
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
My truck may be mostly a pavement pounder but that doesn't mean it hasn't seen some action or that I don't know a little of what I'm talking about.
Mall crawling all day
Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Mall crawling all day
4wd low and ATRAC at the mall. Braaaaaap!
Old 05-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #16
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Go 35s then...

I got 35s on my 3"
Old 05-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #17
Good351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to behold

Good351's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I realize they don't make them. My question is why not if you lower the diff? 2" diff drop should eqal 2" spindel lift.
The reason they don't make them is because there simply is not any room for the cv shaft. The outside diameter of that cv shaft joint/boot needs some clearance to spin... the upper and lower control arms need to stay in th same relation to each other also..so just extending the spindle down does not work either..