1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

help please

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ZonKs, May 27, 2012.

1. May 27, 2012 at 8:51 PM
    ZonKs

ZonKs [OP] Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    hello,

I recently bought a 2012 sport DC. Ive had it for about a month now. Its not my daily driver so it only has about 300 miles on it. yesterday, after not driving it for about 5 days, i took it to run some errands. When i turned it on, the TPMS light was on. Wierd i thought. I checked the tire pressure in all 5 tires and they were all around 32-33 psi. Spot on. The ride after this was and continues to be awful. Its like i am constantly off roading. I can feel every crack and bump in the street. its a very rough ride. It was not like this for the first few weeks. It was firm but smooth. Now its very harsh. Im at a loss. Brand new truck with stock suspension. I had a TRD off road before this, and the ride in it was 10 times smoother. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Im pretty pissed right now.

Thanks,

Ted

2. May 28, 2012 at 5:05 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    You checked your tire pressures and they are all good,check. I don't know if 12's come with a tpms in the spare or not but you may want to do the spare tire flip mod and check it any way, good to have that one able to check and air up easily. If all air pressures are good, then hit the tire button under the dash to reset the light. Location can be found in your owners manual if needed. As for the rough ride, were you driving a Caddy or Mercedes before hopping in your truck? I drive my fiances car sometimes, then when I get in my truck, it definately rides like a truck. Hope this helps.

3. May 28, 2012 at 5:11 AM
    ZonKs

ZonKs [OP] Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    Thanks for the reply. I already reset the tpms. Like I said, I had a Trd off road before this so I know how these trucks ride. Something is definitely off here. When I bought my current truck from the dealer the ride was smooth as glass. Now something's definitely up. Maby its out of balance. Dunno. I'm going to drop it off at the dealer tonight and have them look at it tomorrow.

Thanks.

Products Discussed in

To Top