Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fidanza Flywheel

Old 05-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
ironmaidens247 is on a distinguished road
Army: 119th sapper co.
ironmaidens247's Tacoma Gallery
Fidanza Flywheel

Has anyone used a fidanza flywheel on a late model Tocoma? I'm due for a new clutch and was wondering how the daily drivability is compared to factory.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Banned
knucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
knucklehead's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt go that route. the objective of a lightweight flywheel is to reduce the drivetrain inertia, basically, to let the thing wind out more quickly than it would stock. In case you didnt notice, youre running a heavy pickup with a heavy drivetrain and about a ton of rotating junk. There are a whole lot of things you can do first, like aluminum driveshaft, lighter rims and tires. I would be very suspicious if you claimed that you could notice any difference from a flywheel.