Notices

Clazzio Leather Seat Covers

Old 05-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Banned
evh5150 will become famous soon enough
Name: Eddie
evh5150's Tacoma Gallery
Clazzio Leather Seat Covers

Anybody ever use them? And what'cha think?
Old 05-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
drsus is on a distinguished road

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
I have them, they are very high quality for the price, i was very surprised.
Its nice thick leather and feel like quality stuff to the touch.

fit wise, the lumbar could be more form fitting, the center part kind of floats unless you put your back on it....maybe as it wears it will stretch and sit properly...it doesn't look bad though, you only notice it when you push on and realize there a gap between the leather and the seat.

My other caveat is that for the TRD sport seats, the flap thats supposed to connect to each other on the seat cushion part doesn't work on because its designed for the plastic back of the access cab...not sure if they sent me the wrong ones but since it came in a sealed box with the rear seat covers to i doubt that. OR i just put hem on wrong? very possible

But in the end, i do like them a lot and so far everyone that sees them think they're OEM.

I also put in these seat heaters while at it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-To...ht_8468wt_1413
Attached Thumbnails
Clazzio Leather Seat Covers-img_1037.jpg   Clazzio Leather Seat Covers-img_1033.jpg  
Old 05-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
hmm from the pics it looks nice
Old 05-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #6

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
Thats how I got mine. They only have blak and grey in stock. Any changes to that requires special order and they say 8 week wait.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
got any night pics of those heated seat switches? i saw those on ebay months ago. just curious as to what exactly lights up. the shape and styling are very similar to the oem ones, but i wasnt sure if they lit up the same.

nevermind, checked out your link. different brand than what i was looking at, but very similar idea. different companies, same switch. kinda wish that the seat icon lit up separately. better set up than trying to use oem switches bc a bunch of guys have tried it with little to no results bc of resistance differences.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #8
Private Citizen
SVAZ Taco is on a distinguished road

SVAZ Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Those seat heater switches look factory, nice!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #9

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin407c View Post
got any night pics of those heated seat switches? i saw those on ebay months ago. just curious as to what exactly lights up. the shape and styling are very similar to the oem ones, but i wasnt sure if they lit up the same.

nevermind, checked out your link. different brand than what i was looking at, but very similar idea. different companies, same switch. kinda wish that the seat icon lit up separately. better set up than trying to use oem switches bc a bunch of guys have tried it with little to no results bc of resistance differences.
the way the work is that the green light comes on when you turn your lights on...thats their backlight if you will. then when you turn your seat heater on, the red square light goes on. I wish it wasn't green, but its not too bad since its down where there hop other lights so its not too out of place...but white wouldve been much classier.

the wheel has 5 click positions...i highly recommend taking off any or as much padding that the clazzios come with. they have a pretty think foam on the inside that not only makes it a bitch to put them on, but makes the heaters VERY isolated from the surface... id don't see why you would need this foam if they're going over the existing seats already. Maybe if your were replacing the factory seat covers it makes more sense.
Anyway, once you do that, its a very nice graduation of heat setting.

i looked into the OEM switches and the wiring and potentiometer debacle was just ridiculous to try and make it work. These fit perfect i the slots and aside from the party green back lights, they're perfect.

heres two more shots, better view.....nevermind my pooches paw prints on armrest, thats his copilot area. Here you get a sense of how the lumbar center section doesn't quite sit on flush, it floats over the center section. I think the leather will stretch with time and be more form fitting though. It stretches very easily to it when you sit and lay on it, there no weird pressure on your back or anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Clazzio Leather Seat Covers-img_1034.jpg   Clazzio Leather Seat Covers-img_1031.jpg  
Old 05-30-2012, 06:29 AM   #10
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
^ thanks for the explanation and other pics. probably going to purchase some in the near future so i can get ready for winter.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #11
mytaco77 is on a distinguished road

mytaco77's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. I'm gonna go w/ the round switches since I have an 08 and don't have that location for the switches.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #12
Wired is on a distinguished road

Wired's Tacoma Gallery
Clazzio

Thanks for the info. I have been pondering for quite sometime wondering about these Clazzio custom fit leather covers. Saw them on ebay for quite sometime and could never pull the trigger. Your pics have really made my decision to move toward getting them muc more of a reality.

Will post my pics if and when I get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsus View Post
I have them, they are very high quality for the price, i was very surprised.
Its nice thick leather and feel like quality stuff to the touch.

fit wise, the lumbar could be more form fitting, the center part kind of floats unless you put your back on it....maybe as it wears it will stretch and sit properly...it doesn't look bad though, you only notice it when you push on and realize there a gap between the leather and the seat.

My other caveat is that for the TRD sport seats, the flap thats supposed to connect to each other on the seat cushion part doesn't work on because its designed for the plastic back of the access cab...not sure if they sent me the wrong ones but since it came in a sealed box with the rear seat covers to i doubt that. OR i just put hem on wrong? very possible

But in the end, i do like them a lot and so far everyone that sees them think they're OEM.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #13
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
I came over from an '08 4Runner where I purchased the Clazzio covers for my rig. Clazzio is actually thru Toyota dealerships and put into cars where leather was not an option. They are high quality and if you want to buy them I recommend purchasing them thru trdsparks.com (http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=4334) They are a toyota dealership out of South Carolina and can order these things quickly for you. Keep in mind, these covers are custom ordered from Japan and can take up to 4 months for delivery. Middle insert options include: suede, leather, PVC vinyl.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #14
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Am about to order these. Can anyone offer any more reviews? I don't know whether to get the PVC leather or the real leather...
Old 08-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #15
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox1 View Post
Am about to order these. Can anyone offer any more reviews? I don't know whether to get the PVC leather or the real leather...
I can tell you from handling the PVC's in person that they feel amazing!! The leather ones actually have the PVC material out the outside and just the middle insert is leather. I've asked Sparks Toyota a few questions regarding the durability of both and was told the PVC feels similar to leather and would probably hold up better. Comparing prices you're looking at $450 vs $270....I'm about to order me up some PVCs again. Just know that it'll take a few months to receive them regardless of what you choose. Unless you a.) order off of eBay or b.) call Sparks and ask what they have in stock and you may get lucky that they have your combo available.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #16
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody have suggestions on making the arm rest cover fit well?