1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

REDLINE HOOD STRUTS?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Muskwa, May 29, 2012.

1. Jul 31, 2012 at 9:46 PM
    TruckyTruck

TruckyTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Crewmax TSS Off-Road 4x4, sr5/leather
    GB? absolutely. +1

2. Jul 31, 2012 at 9:53 PM
    adio

adio Well-Known Member

Member:
    HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 INFERNO TRD PRO
  3. Aug 1, 2012 at 7:19 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    I'm sure it'll work, if you know exactly what length of strut to buy, and what hardware to use on the ends and how to properly mount them to the truck.

Sure... $40 worth of experimenting with different parts and a couple of weeks of waiting for them to arrive, and a couple of hours of geometry practice.... ya... you might be able to save $20 over Redline.....

....but why?

4. Aug 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    I am in for a group buy if someone sets it up.

5. Aug 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM
    adio

adio Well-Known Member

Member:
    HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 INFERNO TRD PRO
    hmm the affordable route haha.

well I emailed them regarding custom made hood struts for tge Taco, and this is the response that I got.

Greetings Aristotle,
    We are primarily a distributor of gas charged lift supports and do not have any design staff or software to help you in developing a lifting system. We have worked with many individuals who have provided the items below and worked to find something that will work. Please keep in mind that we do not have a tested proven method and that in the event that the supports do not work they can be returned or exchanged but the shipping would be your responsibility, we can only make suggestions. Also in that many of these are under very high pressure caution should be used when installing and working with the unit.

Items needed to help us:

The extended and retracted length of the supports needed. Please visit our FAQ to learn how to measure a lift support at http://liftsupportsdepot.blogspot.com/2010/09/how-to-measure-your-lift-supports.html#top

The weigh of the hood at the point that the supports will attach, or the actual weigh of the entire unit.

A few notes:

For best results the closer to center you can get to mounting a support the better.

Thank You,
    Toni

Lift Supports Depot
    1295 Linda Vista Drive
    San Marcos CA 92078
    Phone 1.760.744.2956
    Fax 1.760.431.9814

6. Jan 6, 2014 at 12:44 PM
    SnowmanFX

SnowmanFX Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    TX Pinstriped 08 Tacoma
    3" Lift w/small goodies
    Has/Can anyone measure the extended length and strut body length of the Redline struts?

Autozone and other stores have a fairly standard selection of struts you can buy with the same hardware Redline supplies.

I would like to use a strut I can buy locally if at all possible. I don't see a spot on Redlines website to order replacement struts when they are needed.

7. Mar 13, 2014 at 6:47 AM
    duppers1957

duppers1957 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steven
    ukiah,california
    Vehicle:
    2006 preruner sr5
    throttle body spacer ,jba headers with flomaster.17"tires Volant cold air induction
    do you know anybody with Volant cold air box and how they got the struts on that side work?

Products Discussed in

To Top