Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Shift knob suggestions?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #21
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ thought that pic looked familiar :-)
Old 06-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #22
Next Level Tactical. On FB
Chris Rainero is on a distinguished road

Name: christopher
Chris Rainero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
It's the same basic size/shape as the stock one which you can also find in a Toyota Camry FYI (the standard one.. not the TRD one pictured).

Edit: I did a little research and it looks like it's just a little bit shorter:

thank you.. I still want it
Old 06-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #24
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
http://rocknob.com/
Old 06-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #25
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
So I ordered an installed a SickSpeed Ol School knob. Took it for a spin and not sure I like it. It looks great, and seems to be put together right, but it's lighter than the original and takes a bit more effort to shift. With the slow syncros on the six speed, that might be a good thing? Anyway, thank you all for the suggestions and I will yet you guys know if the weight thing becomes an issue. I suppose I could shoot the hollow knob full of expanding foam or something like that to weigh it down.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #27
Tarpon24 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frankie
Tarpon24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post

i got this one...i think it was $62 from toyota
i never even thought about buying a replacement until i saw this
Old 09-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #28
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine

Old 11-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #29
05tacom is on a distinguished road
Name: josh
05tacom's Tacoma Gallery
Do you still have your stock 6 speed shift knob?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #30
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05tacom View Post
Do you still have your stock 6 speed shift knob?
Yeah, I do. I'm going to hang onto it for now, might put it back on. The Sic Speed knob seems to transmit noise from the trans/shifter. Not sure if I am going to keep it.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #31
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Sexy.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #32
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
So I ordered an installed a SickSpeed Ol School knob. Took it for a spin and not sure I like it. It looks great, and seems to be put together right, but it's lighter than the original and takes a bit more effort to shift. With the slow syncros on the six speed, that might be a good thing? Anyway, thank you all for the suggestions and I will yet you guys know if the weight thing becomes an issue. I suppose I could shoot the hollow knob full of expanding foam or something like that to weigh it down.
mix up some epoxy and lead shot.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #33
2013baja is a jewel in the rough2013baja is a jewel in the rough2013baja is a jewel in the rough

Name: Markus
2013baja's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I read elsewhere on the forum someone saying the writing on it was not very nice... kind of blurry and cheap (looks like it will rub off). Do others agree with this assessment?

While i'm on the topic, does anyone know if this will fit?

http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota...o00003012.html

All the shifters on this site read "Universal"... sounds a like a little bit too loose of a description to me.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #34
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
The universal ones usually come with different threaded inserts for multiple applications.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #35
BadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant future

Navy: Airframer->Construction Mech
Name: Wes
BadBrains's Tacoma Gallery
I went from a 2012 back to a 2007, swapped knobs. (Auto)