Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Front Bumper chipping bad

Old 05-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Front Bumper chipping bad

Whats with the front bumpers on stock tacomas chipping so bad? Anyone else have these problems, thinking of repainting or just getting some armour. Waxed the crap out of it and it is really bad once the sun shines on it
Old 05-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nobody?
Old 05-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The few months I had my stock bumper on, I haven't noticed the bumper paint being any worse than paint on other plastic parts.

You bought the truck used? Is it possible the bumper was repainted previously?
Old 05-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
SAY MY NAME
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't had any problems with chipping at all..
Old 05-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
mine is a mess...2 years old with 36k miles...flaking and chipping everywhere...I dont think there's any clearcoat on these plastic bumpers or colormatched grilles cause both are really fading and changing color on my truck
Old 05-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
def got my share of little rock chips and what not........paint is def weaker than an Acura's door lol....buddy of mine rubbed my bumper with his TL at a Sox game few weeks back.....all my paint rubbed right off on his door.....right down to the plastic. His paint is okay pretty much........just has my indigo ink on it too....simple buff for him.......whole respray for me if I choose to do it.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #8
TieDie
Tiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the rough

Tiedie's Tacoma Gallery
How close do you drive behing the vehicle in front of you.If you run or ride up their rear then you will get a lot more chips.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #9

thinking about doing this next week

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/bumperCoating/
Old 07-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #10

I have been detailing quite a few cars this summer and every tacoma I have done 2010 and earlier have the same chipping going on that my truck has on the front bumper, wth are they doing to these bumpers