Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Please post Tacoma DCSB Leer 180 Cap / shell Pictures Thanks!

Old 05-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Please post Tacoma DCSB Leer 180 Cap / shell Pictures Thanks!

If you have pictures please post them.

I am considering a Leer 180 cap for my truck to haul camping gear around. As such I wanted to see all the available pictures of a Leer 180 shell on a double cab short bed (DCSB) truck.

Here are all the model specific pictures I could find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarandus View Post
[...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarandus View Post
[...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorola View Post

[...]

Quote:
[...]

Quote:
[...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheITguy View Post
[...]
This year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireguy68 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by j83soldier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by j83soldier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
[...]

Big thanks to the above members and anyone else that can contribute. Thanks too to the people who posted here: Show me your shell!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if you're considering ARE as well but, if you are, let me know. Their MX series is basically the same as the Leer 180 and I have a bunch of pictures I could add.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
Douchebag, or just douche if we're friends
monkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Signal Corps
monkeyface's Tacoma Gallery
Not a DCSB, but just posted this on another thread, and something you should be aware of if buying the "windoor" option on the LEER 180. Notice the windoor doesn't fit the recess at all. Buyer Beware kind of thing . . . .
Attached Thumbnails
Please post Tacoma DCSB Leer 180 Cap / shell Pictures Thanks!-windoor.jpg  
Old 05-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
I have some I will post this evening
Thanks. I look forward to seeing them.

I found a couple more pics from Josh's truck and I added them to the OP.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
monkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Update on the new LEER 180 I just bought. Good quality paint, good sealing on the windoors and back window. I got the factory front boot and after a little adjustment it fit fine underneath the 3rd brake light on the cab. A couple of tiny water leaks from the front boot, but that's to be expected, seen it before with my LEER 122, a little bit of double-side adhesive weatherstripping and no problem to fix and no problem with appearance.

Someone mentioned the ARE MX and that's something to look at. Comparable features/options. I noticed the ARE you have to pay extra for the carpeted headliner, and you need that to eliminate condensation forming.

Price difference between the 180 and the MX? I don't know, but I paid $1899 for the 180 with slider windoors and front boot. $1599 base. Pretty dang pricey, but new always is . . .
Old 06-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
Chris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, sorry I never posted pics...i actually took the shell off the day after i posted because I had to help my brother move, and I haven't put it back on yet...the only pic I have is the one in this thread which was taken when i first bought my truck!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...58-newbie.html
Old 06-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #9

Per request, a couple more pics of the Leer sliding windoors (and an old VW Kombi for the hell of it):
Attached Thumbnails
Old 10-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #10
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
Any more Leer 180s out there? I got a line on one for $400 that I'm about to swoop on but wanted to be sure I like the high rise look. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #11
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
A few more of my leer 180 cap

I think it would look awesome with a baja rack on the front to even it up
Old 10-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #12
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks Snorola. How much taller does the 180 stick up from the cab? I wonder if it would fit in my garage with my lift?
Old 10-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
I have never measured

With 4" lift, 33's and my rack on I just kiss my garage door going in and out. I had to take the handle off the door

Old 10-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #14

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Mode View Post
Any more Leer 180s out there? I got a line on one for $400 that I'm about to swoop on but wanted to be sure I like the high rise look. Thanks.
You lucky mofo! I waited for 6 months and couldn't find one anywhere, and eventually had to pay out the ass for new! I ended up with an A.R.E. MX. I absolutely love the extra height my shell offers. Not one regret with the style of shell. I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post

Old 11-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #15

How many inches above the cab is the mid rise bump? Still trying to see if it will fit in my garage or not. My garage opener has an arm that sticks down a bit that I need to clear.

Thanks
Old 11-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
You lucky mofo! I waited for 6 months and couldn't find one anywhere, and eventually had to pay out the ass for new! I ended up with an A.R.E. MX. I absolutely love the extra height my shell offers. Not one regret with the style of shell. I love it.
Ah, you went for the ARE solid windoor instead of the sliding windoor. Glad to hear it's working out for you. My Leer 180 sliding windoor is leaking on the driver side, they supposedly ordered a new one but I haven't heard from the dealer for a month. The front boot is leaking internally also, like there's a compromise in the rubber itself. Seems like Leer's quality has gone down since the last one I bought.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Mode View Post
How many inches above the cab is the mid rise bump? Still trying to see if it will fit in my garage or not. My garage opener has an arm that sticks down a bit that I need to clear.

Thanks
My Leer 180 is about 80 inches from ground to top at its highest point. That is with the 245/75r16 stock Dunlops.

That's why I had to go with the Leer 180 (5" rise over cab height), vs. the Leer 122 (10" rise over cab height). My garage door opening is 84", so . . . . .

So you'll have to make some precise measurements. I can go to the 265's and still barely get in my garage. If I have chains on with 265's that's gonna be damn close.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyface View Post
My Leer 180 is about 80 inches from ground to top at its highest point. That is with the 245/75r16 stock Dunlops.

That's why I had to go with the Leer 180 (5" rise over cab height), vs. the Leer 122 (10" rise over cab height). My garage door opening is 84", so . . . . .

So you'll have to make some precise measurements. I can go to the 265's and still barely get in my garage. If I have chains on with 265's that's gonna be damn close.
Thanks monkeyface, that's what I needed to hear.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #19

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyface View Post
Ah, you went for the ARE solid windoor instead of the sliding windoor. Glad to hear it's working out for you. My Leer 180 sliding windoor is leaking on the driver side, they supposedly ordered a new one but I haven't heard from the dealer for a month. The front boot is leaking internally also, like there's a compromise in the rubber itself. Seems like Leer's quality has gone down since the last one I bought.
Listen to this..! Both my windoors are being replaced under warranty. There are defects in both frames. One more serious than the other, which does not seal correctly. The other was an error created by the installer of the frame by drilling a hole for a screw in the wrong location. Also the moron who installed the roof rack drilled one bolt in at an angle and nearly stripped the head out. Also being fixed under warranty. I'd love to punch out the losers that let the shell leave the factory this way. Unbelievable.

Long ass wait for the dealer to get the parts in too. 8 weeks so far, but warranty repair has been approved by A.R.E. Dealer had been helpful and apolegetic.