Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

exhaust

Old 05-31-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
xxkim445xx is on a distinguished road
xxkim445xx's Tacoma Gallery
exhaust

i have a 2012 double cab sport trd and i was going to change the exhaust on the car. i was wondering what type of exhaust to get? please help. i was thinking about getting a flowmaster american thunder part 817432. i dont even know if that is going to fit in my truck.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:54 PM   #2
Zombie Hunter.
evanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Evan
evanwile's Tacoma Gallery
Click on the "search" menu at the top right of the screen and type in different terms to search for like "exhaust" "which exhaust is best" etc.

Click on the "search titles only" box and there is a WEALTH of info on what different exhausts sound like and look like, as well as part numbers. Much more info than I could write here!

Good luck and congrats on your new TRUCK!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:57 PM   #3
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
I havent heard anything bad about the aero turbine exhausts. But check out youtube videos for any exhaust to get an idea of what it sounds like or even see if members have the exhaust your looking for in your area so you can hear it in person
Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #4
urrutiadan32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
urrutiadan32's Tacoma Gallery
i'm selling mine if you are still interested
Old 02-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #6
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
And is you really like the sound and start flooring it everywhere, don't complain when your mpg goes down
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
urrutiadan32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
urrutiadan32's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i realized i'd rather go with a look than sound right now..i want a lift lol
Old 02-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure about the one you listed, OP, but I have the TRD cat-back, and really like it. Put it on a few months after I got the truck, and still enjoy it. Not too loud, doesn't drone on the highways, and when you hit the gas, gives a nice low tone. I hear a lot of people with the louder ones, get tired of them, and end up taking it off. So, something to think about.

Also, like someone else said, do a little searching. Check out YouTube, you can find a lot of sound clips of different exhausts on the Tacoma there.