Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What do you think are the best Suspension Systems?

View Poll Results: What are the Best suspension Systems
Pro Comp 41 10.82%
Old Man Emu 107 28.23%
Walker Evans 6 1.58%
Bilstein 119 31.40%
All-Pro 18 4.75%
Other 120 31.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
What do you think are the best Suspension Systems?

I just want to see Because i was on All-Pro website and i saw these 4.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
sooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nice
sooner02r1's Tacoma Gallery
What about Fox, King, Sway a Way/Camburg......
Old 12-28-2008, 10:33 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Really, this is a vague question. best for what and what is your definition of "suspension system''? Just shocks, or things like UCAs and even mid travel kits? I'll need some clarification and i think there needs to be more systems added to the poll before i vote too.....
Old 12-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #4
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
If you are just replacing the coil overs, you can't go wrong with Icon.

If you are going long travel, I am really in love with my Total Chaos / Fox combo!!

http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/f...t=MVI_0766.flv

Gadget
Old 12-29-2008, 09:21 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
Really, this is a vague question. best for what and what is your definition of "suspension system''? Just shocks, or things like UCAs and even mid travel kits? I'll need some clarification and i think there needs to be more systems added to the poll before i vote too.....
Like the Pro Comp suspension kits.... if that helps.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:38 AM   #6
bajaTACO2008 will become famous soon enough
bajaTACO2008's Tacoma Gallery
BEST SYSTEM BAR-NONE!!! TOTAL CHAos

cHECK THIS LT SYSTEM OUT SOO GNARLY

http://www.chaosfab.com/86000.html
Old 12-30-2008, 08:43 AM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Like the Pro Comp suspension kits.... if that helps.
thats not really a fair comparison as pro comp makes mid grade stuff for both the front and the back

if you want the BEST suspension system...you need to first decide if youre going to be doing on road, trail riding, crawling, or desert running...

from there one "top notch" kit is going to be awesome but another one may suck depending on the application
Old 12-30-2008, 09:38 AM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
thats not really a fair comparison as pro comp makes mid grade stuff for both the front and the back

if you want the BEST suspension system...you need to first decide if youre going to be doing on road, trail riding, crawling, or desert running...

from there one "top notch" kit is going to be awesome but another one may suck depending on the application
Trail riding/ on-road
Old 12-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #9
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
Do you need any additional load carrying?
Old 12-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #10
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjay View Post
Do you need any additional load carrying?
well let me put it this way, I have the only truck in the family..... and we did move a few big things into our new house from our lake house. And we also had a load full of pinestraw.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:28 PM   #11
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
I have full OME setup and love it. I couldn't be happier with the way the truck rides, other then the vibrations I have to work out, and it will pack a hell of a lot more then stock. The rear springs flex really good as well.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjay View Post
I have full OME setup and love it. I couldn't be happier with the way the truck rides, other then the vibrations I have to work out, and it will pack a hell of a lot more then stock. The rear springs flex really good as well.
X2! But I have no vibes and different rear springs.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:48 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'm lovin my walker evans from allpro in the front anf getting ready to order the 3" rear leaf kits from them w/ the WE as well
Old 02-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #15
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
The one that fits your needs and you feel good with. Not one that every joe,frank,and mary say to get!
Old 02-24-2009, 06:59 AM   #16
Banned
Bill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to behold
Bill Brasky's Tacoma Gallery
Walker Evans Racing suspension is SHIT. Don't waste your money.

I had WER coils/shocks for about a year..and that's about how long they lasted.

Shock bodies were rusted, they ate shock heims (I put 3 full sets on them in just a year's time) they rattled, and the coils don't clear the swaybar like advertised. Plus, I had a hell of a time just getting the right shock hats for them. I ordered the tall, they sent me the shorts, I called to explain, they sent me another set of shorts. I called again and finally got a tall set...that they charged me for twice.

Their a-arms are good, Rear springs are OK. They give good flex and don't sag a great deal, but the finish on them is shit too. I have to paint then about once a month to keep the rust in check.

My advice...Buy a full OME setup or go full retard and put Icons or Fox's under it with Alcans or Deavers out back. Anything else is a waste of time, money, effort and frustration.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #18
BeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BeachBoy's Tacoma Gallery
I have voted allpro, but allpro is a vendor. The setup I'm looking at is Fox 2.0 front and new leafs with fox resi in the back.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #19
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
way to go beach boy
Old 04-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #20
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Fox shocks...I've only got them on my bike but those are the best things I've ever ridden on.