Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rust coming through white paint around windows

Old 08-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #21
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
haha i opened this up to the first page and said "hey that guy copied me" then I went to page 2 and found my post.....
Old 08-31-2012, 05:03 PM   #22
Edmonton Taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Brock
Edmonton Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, just around the windows. I wash my truck every few weeks, and I get pretty close to the body when washing and I get a good idea of what's going on with it and where new chips are located.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #23
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
rust spots everywhere everywhere

OK. I just washed my truck and I thought it was tar but it isn't. I have tiny pin sized rust colored spots all over my truck.. I tried scratching one with my finger nail and nothing came off. I used bug and tar remover and still there. these spots are smooth.. there is no chipped paint. There are spots everywhere, side panels of the doors, bed side panels, tailgate. And it isn't on the low side where you would expect rock dings. Worst part is that where I do have rock dings, there isn't any rust.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #24
Rascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
Rascal737's Tacoma Gallery
seems like the trucks were not prepped correctly from factory before paint was applied...or the metal used to make the trucks weren't treated (as in chemical treatment) correctly. This can cause what is called dissimilar metal corrosion...I see this all the time at work when you have two different metal compositions have been sealed together and begin reacting chemically, then over time you find bubbled paint and corrosion under it.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #25
Lowlife is on a distinguished road

Lowlife's Tacoma Gallery
We have the white 2010 tacoma's as our company sales trucks... And we to have the rust on the window frames.. I Have an MGM 2010 and no rust they yet... i think its something the dealer would have fixed for you.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #26
boostfed is on a distinguished road
boostfed's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone know if toyota paint is warranted for the life of the vehicle or does the fix need to be under the extended warranty? still worried about this issue on my truck .
Old 10-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #27
Edmonton Taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Brock
Edmonton Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure, I brought my Taco into the shop for paint repair at just under 60,000 kms. run it by your dealership (or another dealership) and ask them where they are getting their authority to say when the limit is, and have them open up the warranty book and show you where it says so too.