Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

POLL: Access Cab - remove or keep in the rear jump seats?

View Poll Results: Access Cab: Remove or Keep Rear Seats?
Yes, I have removed my back seats and love the space! 13 18.06%
No, I have not removed my seats and need them for passengers. 59 81.94%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #21
Geezer
azreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: ET on minesweepers
azreb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I don't see removing them to add more USEABLE space .
The platform makes it easier to pack boxes and larger items. Smaller things can go underneath. The dog is more comfortable with the larger flat surface, too.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #22
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you are going big stereo, I say keep them in.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #24
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
I pulled the backseat out of my 12 AC when it had only 15 miles on it.

I built up a platform for the dogs, and use the space underneath to hide my HAM radio.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #25
freeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Mark
freeskier989's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, a platform setup is whats needed, im going to do something like that. Think with some nice carpeting over a custom setup in the rear you can do something that looks really nice and is really functional.

Just wish i was better at carpentry!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #26
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
I pulled the headrests out too. Just make sure no one rides back there now as if we got rear ended they would be sure to get a concision.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #27
canoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bill
canoeski's Tacoma Gallery
OK, I choose the first option on the poll, but it's only half true.
I removed the butt cushion portion of the seat to gain a few extra cubic inches , but only from the driver side where I store stuff. I occasionally carry a third person on short trip (like a canoe shuttle last weekend).

On my 2012 AC TRD OR it doesn't look like you can remove the back cushion only on one side without removing the entire panel. I also need to figure out how to remove the left headrest.

I might make a storage box for the back left side to secure stuff (first aid kit, fire extinguisher, tools, etc.) but don't want to impead the ability to recline fully.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #28
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=canoeski;5195598] I also need to figure out how to remove the left headrest.QUOTE]

Check this out ...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...t-removal.html
Old 06-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #29
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Dont the 2012's have a different style than the older 2nd gens?
Old 06-06-2012, 05:05 AM   #30
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
Dont the 2012's have a different style than the older 2nd gens?
'08 or '09 changed with the split seats that fold "up" vs. the seat folding "down" in earlier years ... several (including myself) have made plaatforms.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:34 AM   #31
Coolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Coolerman's Tacoma Gallery
I keep mine folded down almost all the time. The dog seems to like it that way and I rarely if ever have a person back there, but its nice to have that option. We needed to squeeze my brother in there just this past weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
POLL: Access Cab - remove or keep in the rear jump seats?-600787_3893727137229_225577430_n.jpg  
Old 06-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #32
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
'08 or '09 changed with the split seats that fold "up" vs. the seat folding "down" in earlier years ... several (including myself) have made plaatforms.

I gotcha... I like my older ones. I have a flat platform across the cab. I keep a bunch of stuff tucked under the seats where they rest on the floor. Feel sorry for the newer style guys
Old 06-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #33
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
FrankNasti's Tacoma Gallery
I kept mine, I use them folded down for my tool box and soon for the baby seat to sit on.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #34
Landscape Photographer
harleyg has a spectacular aura aboutharleyg has a spectacular aura aboutharleyg has a spectacular aura about

Name: Harley
harleyg's Tacoma Gallery
I took them out and put in a platform for my dog. Works like a charm. Far more useful TO ME than the seats.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #35
canoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bill
canoeski's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=jpmorrisvb;5196372]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoeski View Post
I also need to figure out how to remove the left headrest.QUOTE]

Check this out ...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...t-removal.html

Thanks Jimmy!
I saw that link at the bottom of the page after I replied.
I have to see if it's the same for a '12.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #36
freeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Mark
freeskier989's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i have a 12 and i think they are a little different...want to say they dont have that removable piece on each headrest side...more like you need to pry the whole thing back.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #37
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Ford used to offer a rear seat-delete option for the Ranger, got rid of the jump seats and belts. Would've been nice to have that option for the Taco.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #38
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Add a third option to the poll:

I don't need the jumpseats but couldn't be bothered to remove them.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #39
Kailey Jo will become famous soon enoughKailey Jo will become famous soon enough

Name: Liam
Kailey Jo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskquatch11 View Post
I left mine in, removed the headrests and centre console.
+1 people that have ridden back there say it is better without the headrest, and the centre console is junk. Plus it gives a larger flat area.

Haven't considered removing the seats themselves though.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #40
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Ford used to offer a rear seat-delete option for the Ranger, got rid of the jump seats and belts. Would've been nice to have that option for the Taco.

only bad thing about this is u lose the storage compartments! But if u dont use them anyway then i think this would be the thing to do! That looks badass