Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Headlight & HID Fog's

Old 06-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of people running them and most have said the lighting is worse than stock but not bad if you like the look. I would run a bead of silicone around where the lens meets the housing to prevent any leaking. Some of the aftermarket housings have been known to leak if they're not sealed up when they are new.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
Corndawg has a spectacular aura aboutCorndawg has a spectacular aura about
Name: Corey
Corndawg's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Lots of people running them and most have said the lighting is worse than stock but not bad if you like the look. I would run a bead of silicone around where the lens meets the housing to prevent any leaking. Some of the aftermarket housings have been known to leak if they're not sealed up when they are new.
guess ill have to get some hid conversion kit
Old 06-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
Dromlace is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
Dromlace's Tacoma Gallery
There's someone selling a badass retro in the forsale section.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #7
aaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: aaron
aaronbuell's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set on my truck. The light output is kind of dim compared to the stock lights. I did have both lights leak, I resealed them and they were fine for a while but one started leaking again I think I missed a spot when I sealed them. Overall I like the looks and I think with a good aftermarket bulb the light output would be better. If you get them seal them real good around the outside. I would toss the bulbs they come with and get some good ones.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #8
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
As a 100% rule, eBay projectors suck.
With Halogens, they suck.
With plug-in HID retrofits, they splatter and blind other drivers, and for you, aren't any better than stock.

If you want HID, go with a proper true projector retrofit. Once the stock housings are opened up, you can paint the inside (since the reflector won't be used anymore), add LED strips, etc....
Old 06-04-2012, 05:27 AM   #9
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Solid advice there.

Also would like to add that putting hids into the stock fogs are the most blinding thing u can do....the h10 do not come with any glare shield at all and it is very bright to oncoming traffic. I got a set for free, installed them and tried to aim them down as much as possible......id still see people turn away on coming, or id get flashed (its earned)....so I got in my girls car which is not lowered so it was a fair test, and I parked my truck behind her car with ONLY my fogs (hid) on, and sat in her car.

I couldn't see anything in the mirrors except blinding lights....that was all 3 mirrors and they were aimed as usual. I then turned her car around and faced my truck. Pretty damned bright and no shielding.

I then took those hids out and ill never do that again.....id hate to cause an accident, and since its illegal there's not much I could do in defense. I would have willingly temp blinded someone due to me throwing in a set of illegal hid lights.
You and Rich have to quit dropping all that common sense around this place.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:45 AM   #10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, almost made it a week without one of these threads, gotta be a record.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #11
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Damn, almost made it a week without one of these threads, gotta be a record.
Hey, what's the biggest tire I can put on my 5-lug?

I don't have a lot of money so I need to use the stock 15" rimz too... can I add a rubber strip and use 18" tirez so I don't have to buy a new set when I get new rimz?