Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2005 Tacoma Lift Kit Suggestions

View Poll Results: Which Lift would you with??
Bilstein 5100's in front and Leaf pack in rear 9 47.37%
OME 7 36.84%
OR suggest a whole different option with opion and pictures?? 3 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
nitrus5 is on a distinguished road
nitrus5's Tacoma Gallery
2005 Tacoma Lift Kit Suggestions

ok, i have been trying to do tons of research on which lift will give me the best bang for my buck and not totally ruin my stock ride quality. I really like the idea of the 5100's and just putting a progressive leaf pack on the rear. I don't want to go higher than 3" and don't do any hardcore offroading just mainly highway and the occasional hunting trip offroad.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Whats your budget? The 5100s and an AAL in the rear will be relativly low in cost and still give you the look/performance you want.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
nitrus5 is on a distinguished road
nitrus5's Tacoma Gallery
i'd like to stay around 500 i know it's not smart to go CHEAP, but i just want the mallcrawler look and i don't want to sacrifice the comfort because i drive 40 miles round trip to work a day. ALSO will i have to mess with UCA if i go with the 5100's???
Old 12-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
You don't have to get UCA's, but if you can afford its a good idea. Total Chaos is the way to go as far as UCA's are concerned.

Go with 5100s all the way around and an AAL in the rear. A full leaf pack is really overkill for what your doing and is gonna set you above the $500 budget you set.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:57 AM   #5
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
do it right man, none of this nickel and dime billshit... Get some Icon Coilovers up front and Deavers or alcans out back. You won't regret it
Old 12-30-2008, 06:04 AM   #6
hashemg has a spectacular aura abouthashemg has a spectacular aura about

hashemg's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed.........i am all for lower price stuff....but i also belive doing it right the first time.

they setup he gave u was nice...but if u wanna go a litle cheaper i went with all pro leafs in the back an camburg coil-overs and UCA's in the front

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
do it right man, none of this nickel and dime billshit... Get some Icon Coilovers up front and Deavers or alcans out back. You won't regret it
Old 12-30-2008, 06:57 AM   #7
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashemg View Post
Agreed.........i am all for lower price stuff....but i also belive doing it right the first time.

they setup he gave u was nice...but if u wanna go a litle cheaper i went with all pro leafs in the back an camburg coil-overs and UCA's in the front
x2 on Camburgs -- I've changed my suspension so many times to get it right, that I've wasted money... save up... do it right the first time, or you'll just keep sinking money into the suspension.