1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Avid light bar w/hi-lift mounted?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tactical Tacoma, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Jun 5, 2012 at 9:27 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    So I'm looking at getting the Avid Off-Road front and rear bumper guards. Does/has anyone mounted a hi-lift jack to the front light bar/bumper guard. I have a Hi-lift X-treme that we just bought and mounted on the rear of our M416 "TXpedition" trailer and I was thinking about buying some of the Hi-Lift Tube Mounts and using them on the Avid bar. That way when I go offloading without the trailer I can just sway it on the truck.

Input...ideas...suggestions. I would prefer not to mount it in the bed. If anyone has done this, please post some pics. It would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jun 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
  3. Jun 5, 2012 at 10:06 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    Ok so searching on the forum.....NO results. But I googled "avid tacoma hi-lift" and finally found GeoTaco. I then went to his build thread and found this pic. Once again, a USE SEARCH situation, lol. So, for anyone else that want to see a pic of this setup, it should be easier to find now (because of this thread) using TW's search button. Here is a pic.

[​IMG]
    Pic taken from GeoTaco's Build thread

4. Jun 6, 2012 at 12:16 AM
    400lbGorilla

400lbGorilla ^Son of a hamster, I smell of elderberries.

Member:
    First Name:
    T-LAM
    Ocean City, MD
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4X4 BASE
    Roof Rack, TRD exhaust, Hood Shield, Side Steps, 5% Tints, Tow Package, Bed Extender, Billies at 2.5, Toytec TSB AAL, Avid Offroad Bar, Cruise Control, Removed Sway, Hella 700s, 6000k HIDs, diff breather mod. DTRL, BHLM,Sockmonkyed.
    lol, reading this post is like watching a crazy person talk to themself.

5. Jun 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    :rofl: same here. i do it my self some times.:eek: mostly when i am working on the atvs or something. i start talking about mods i want to do.

6. Jun 6, 2012 at 12:59 AM
    400lbGorilla

Member:
    First Name:
    T-LAM
    Ocean City, MD
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4X4 BASE
    Roof Rack, TRD exhaust, Hood Shield, Side Steps, 5% Tints, Tow Package, Bed Extender, Billies at 2.5, Toytec TSB AAL, Avid Offroad Bar, Cruise Control, Removed Sway, Hella 700s, 6000k HIDs, diff breather mod. DTRL, BHLM,Sockmonkyed.
    Nice find tho Tactical, I would've never thought to mount it to the Avid. I ended up putting mine in the bed....I have Hella's mounted on the Avid so you'd lose that option; but you could run some behind the grill I guess like GeoTaco.

7. Jun 6, 2012 at 1:02 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    no just turn the mounts to where it is in front of the bar not on top. maybe mount on the lower bar?

8. Jun 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM
    400lbGorilla

Member:
    First Name:
    T-LAM
    Ocean City, MD
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4X4 BASE
    OOOhhhh yeaa...I see what you could do there

9. Jun 6, 2012 at 1:05 AM
    400lbGorilla

Member:
    First Name:
    T-LAM
    Ocean City, MD
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4X4 BASE
    that'd look pretty sick mounted to the lower bar....and it'd be right there ready to go.

10. Jun 6, 2012 at 1:05 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    between the light bar and the lift. you would have a lot of shit sticking out far on the front tho. protect the front in parking lots more tho. lol

11. Jun 6, 2012 at 2:07 AM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    That's what the dude in my head said too :D

My thoughts exactly; mount it on the lower bar, facing front for extra protection, and still have the option for lights on top. Honestly I plan on eventually putting an RI (Rigid Industries) LED bar in the lower valence area anyways, so I could still mounting top bar and be ok.

12. Jun 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    nice! i love the RI led bars. i think thats what i’m going to put on a roof rack. than have 3 round on a bumper.

13. Jun 6, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    Nice setup plans

14. Jun 6, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    GeoTaco

GeoTaco the town is back that way

Member:
    First Name:
    Freeda Feltcher
    Denverish
    Vehicle:
    '21 Army Green TRD OR DCSB
    Car seats
    the lower bar is an option, just make sure you can see the license plate, if required. Also it will stick out pretty far and if you have to parallel park, it becomes a bitch to know how far it sticks out. just something to think about.....

15. Jun 6, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    yeah. i was going to do round on a roof rack. but the RI bar will be better. front part of rack wont be as tall so that will be less drag in the air. = maybe .5 to 1 MPG i wont lose. lol. and the 3 or 4 round will be for when i just want a little more light but don’t need the big RI bar on. like back roads at 3 am when know one is around for 10+ miles.

16. Jun 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    Jay9722

Jay9722 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    South carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Access Cab 4wd
    I'm considering it too. I have these mounts in 2 inch size for my bed rack. I would have to order new mounts if I move it to the Avid. For the record, these mounts are awesome. I have a hi lift jack mount and the axe/shovel mount.
    http://fourtreks.com/hi_lift_roll_bar_mounts_1_75_.html

17. Jun 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    Yeah these mounts are awesome. That's what we are mounting the hi-lift with on the M416 trailer.

Products Discussed in

To Top