Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Problems with installing HID

Old 12-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #1
'03tl-s is on a distinguished road
'03tl-s's Tacoma Gallery
Problems with installing HID

I just recently bought a Xentec HID kit. I have installed other HID systems before (PnP) and never had a problem until I tried to put on in my 05.

Where I plug the prongs into the factory harness, does the third prong (connected to the black one) need to be wired somewhere or no? When plugging everything in, light doesn't come on and after giving up, i tried to put the regular bulb in and now it doesn't turn on either.

Help please! Thanks in advance.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! I don't know much about HIDs but the fact that your original lights don't work now tells me that you have probably blown a fuse.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:33 PM   #3
'03tl-s's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think it could've been a blown fuse. As when i was trying to install the HID's, I tried the original bulb to see if it still worked after the HID's didn't and it still turned on.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:20 AM   #4
'03tl-s's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone help or chime in with this problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
cstainton will become famous soon enough

cstainton's Tacoma Gallery
HID is pretty complicated to do yourself just becuase you are messing with your trucks internal computer. If it was me i would not mess with it anymore and look at getting it does professionally just so you dont mess it up and you know it will be done right.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
Katzo production
leo08pirate has a spectacular aura aboutleo08pirate has a spectacular aura about

Name: Leo
leo08pirate's Tacoma Gallery
who???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstainton View Post
HID is pretty complicated to do yourself just becuase you are messing with your trucks internal computer. If it was me i would not mess with it anymore and look at getting it does professionally just so you dont mess it up and you know it will be done right.
what should one look at it in the
yellow pages as

under what

what do they call them
Old 04-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #7
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by '03tl-s View Post

Where I plug the prongs into the factory harness, does the third prong (connected to the black one) need to be wired somewhere or no?

Help please! Thanks in advance.
Got a pic? Idk what third prong connected to the third one is? Could it possibly be a ground wire?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #8
cstainton will become famous soon enough

cstainton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo08pirate View Post
what should one look at it in the
yellow pages as

under what

what do they call them
I would do some research on the internet on where you live.. I was thinking about HID but its too expensive for me, but while looking i found that many custom shops "claimed" they knew how to do it. Wheather they can for sure or not i dont know. It shouldnt be too hard to find someone make some calls to shops ect.. I think you would be surprise how easy it is to find someone who will do it.