1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Best Tacoma Bedrail Accessory Mounts

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 09DC4X4, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Jun 10, 2012 at 4:12 AM
    teamfast

teamfast Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Member:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB
    BFG AT TKO2s 34 x 10.5 x17, Leer 550 Tonneau cover, weather tech digi fit liners, Viper 5901 remote start/security, 2" fr spacer, 3" TC AAL, All Pro IFS skid plate, Trans skid plate & Transfer Case skid plate, 12" roof mounted flip down dvd player, In channel vent visors.
    I said "Good Day" Sgt.

2. Jun 10, 2012 at 4:32 AM
    Country101

Country101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma access cab V6 4x4 manual
    dirty truck mod, custom trailer scratch on tailgate, husky floorliners, OME Lift
    Just an aside here, I do like the slot to be able to lock the jack, but it falls short just a little. All it does is make the thief have an allen wrench and then he steals your mounts too. ATO's is the same way in that respect. Has anybody come up with a solution to this?

3. Jun 10, 2012 at 4:56 AM
    09DC4X4

09DC4X4 [OP] Night In The Ruts!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Southern Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab 4X4 V6 Auto
    Too much, thanks TW.
    Whoa easy cowboys! Please take my post for what it is. I wanted to tell my friends here at TW of a new product for Tacoma and Tundra trucks that I really like. Why I didn't buy ATO? At the time of the GB I wasn't ready to buy. These are on a very popular auction site with a buy it now. Yes a little pricey but I may have helped pay for the first run production, design, engineering, materials, and whatever, but I'm ok with that. You’re welcome. :) Let's see what the next batch is priced at. I do like supporting American made products when possible and the powder coat finish and stainless steel hardware are a must here on the east coast. I questioned the ATO mount as the powder coat finish is not mentioned (maybe it is?) and the way the bracket rides down in the corner of the composite bed. No place to put a lock or holes for extra accessories. The hex head bolts do seem less likely someone would have that tool to steal, but if I like the location of the mounts, I may drill out the hex head and call it done. Thanks guys for the interest and I will let you know when they are back up online for sale as I want another set too. Discuss........

4. Jun 10, 2012 at 5:06 AM
    Country101

Country101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma access cab V6 4x4 manual
    dirty truck mod, custom trailer scratch on tailgate, husky floorliners, OME Lift
    They are definately a good looking mount, but this one and ATO's are both pricier than I am willing to pay for what it is. I will probably end up making my own that looks like crap, but I will make it harder to steal. I'm thinking a piece of plate that covers the bolts somehow. I was also thinking of a way for it to ride on something instead of having to put it directly on the bolts. May not happen though.

5. Jun 10, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    NetDep

NetDep Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Southern Utah
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma Off Road MGM
    Thanks for posting this - I really like the Toyota emblem. I purchased an ATO mount during the GB and love it!! I will probably a set of these when available and use them to mount something else. Looking forward to having a set and sub'd for more info!!

6. Jun 10, 2012 at 8:16 AM
    2010TxTaco

2010TxTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    justin
    Victoria, TX/Gulf Coast
    Vehicle:
    Black/SR5/4x4/long bed/double cab
    When I bought it, Leer camper shell, N-Fab nerf bars, Westin bull bar. So far I've put K&N air filter and Jet Performance throttle body spacer, lights behind grill, snorkel, custom grill, and weather tech floor mats. Axe and shovel w/bed mounts, high lift jack w/bed mount, and Brute force fab rear bumper.
    Theres guys on here that make those and you can get it made with a hole for a lock.

7. Jun 10, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    2010TxTaco

2010TxTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    justin
    Victoria, TX/Gulf Coast
    Vehicle:
    Black/SR5/4x4/long bed/double cab
    When I bought it, Leer camper shell, N-Fab nerf bars, Westin bull bar. So far I've put K&N air filter and Jet Performance throttle body spacer, lights behind grill, snorkel, custom grill, and weather tech floor mats. Axe and shovel w/bed mounts, high lift jack w/bed mount, and Brute force fab rear bumper.
    [​IMG]
    Here's what I got

8. Jun 10, 2012 at 8:53 AM
    teamfast

teamfast Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Member:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB
    BFG AT TKO2s 34 x 10.5 x17, Leer 550 Tonneau cover, weather tech digi fit liners, Viper 5901 remote start/security, 2" fr spacer, 3" TC AAL, All Pro IFS skid plate, Trans skid plate & Transfer Case skid plate, 12" roof mounted flip down dvd player, In channel vent visors.
    Agreed. My intent wasn't to be a dick, but as you agree they are pricey. If they were 1/2 the price i would buy some for my hi lift.
    Cheers,
    Ryan

9. Jun 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    09DC4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Southern Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Too much, thanks TW.
    Very nice! As I promised, the listing is up and the first post has been updated. Click on "these" for the link or copy and paste the listing number.
    After a few weeks, I still like the brackets and am adding more for a set-up like this pictured of 2010 TxTaco. Thanks for the pictures and ideas.

10. Sep 28, 2012 at 3:16 PM
    ETAV8R

ETAV8R Out DERP'n

Member:
    Republik of Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    MGM 09 AC 4WD V6 TRD-OR w/ Tradesman Shell
    Just the basics
    These are really nice but the price is more than what I paid for my HiLift. The ATO version isn't much cheaper and still more than the price of the jack itself.

11. Sep 28, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    Deathcure

Deathcure Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Wheeling WV
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma Off Road
    subed for later might want to get me a set later on. good find OP

12. Nov 23, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    Pyrite

Pyrite Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5, DCSB, 4WD, Pyrite Mica
    Just ordered some of the Stainless Steel mounts from Ebay...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-TACO...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2325603a96&vxp=mtr

I'll post pics of my 60" Hi Lift Extreme when the mounts come in. They are pricey, but I like the Toyota emblem cut-outs and the fact that they're stainless steel is a plus also.

Update:
    Here are the pics after the install... I have a shortbed so I had to remove the plate at the bottom of the jack to get it to fit the length of the bed.

PC010350.jpg
    PC010357.jpg
    PC010358.jpg
    PC010359.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  13. Mar 8, 2013 at 6:20 AM
    09DC4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Southern Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Too much, thanks TW.
    FYI. Best price so far on these. Powdercoated and Stainless Steel.

Products Discussed in

To Top