Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Home made bed rail cleats.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
Rodallg is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Rodallg's Tacoma Gallery
Home made bed rail cleats.

Can someone point me to the thread that I've seen before in here where a member made some home made bed rail cleats or what ever they were? I want to make some but now I can't find the post.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
There have been a couple of guys who have added d rings under the bed rail for more tie down points. Haven't seen anyone who has made their own cleats.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodallg View Post
Can someone point me to the thread that I've seen before in here where a member made some home made bed rail cleats or what ever they were? I want to make some but now I can't find the post.
Not really home made cleats... but was this what you were thinking of?

Frank
Old 06-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
FLJB will become famous soon enoughFLJB will become famous soon enough

Name: Juan
FLJB's Tacoma Gallery
Go to granger or fastenal and get TECO part # 41406 T Slot Nut 38/16 X 9/16. I bought some, 5 were less than $20 and I had them within a week. Then go to home depot or lowes after you get them and find either rings or hooks or bolts, whatever attachment you want that screws in them and you are good to go...

I put a couple of o rings on some and made a mountable box with the others. Pretty handy and relatively cheap. and my actual bed cleats are safely locked in my truck.

one tip, spray them with WD-40 because they can rust.

I'll post some pics soon as they upload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodallg View Post
Old 06-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
joesmith is on a distinguished road
joesmith's Tacoma Gallery
OP, is this the thread you are looking for?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tachments.html