Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Noise when driving in gusty winds around 65+ mph

Old 07-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #21
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
I have the whistly noise too... And in really heavy cross winds I can hear the passenger/driver side mirror (glass part) trying to get sucked out of the mirror housing. Kinda makes a squeek/rubbing type noise.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:53 AM   #22
BDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really nice

Name: Brandon
BDJ's Tacoma Gallery
I had an 09 that also had this noise. Very annoying and loud, its the windshield thats not sealed properly.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #23
Ba.williams is on a distinguished road
Ba.williams's Tacoma Gallery
My old 93 Toyota truck did the same thing. The dealer fixed it without any hassles. Same thing, sealant around the front windshield.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #24
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
I do not have any "windshield whistle", but on windy days when my truck blows around I get a lot of cabin wind noise. I always seem to want to check to see both windows are all the way up.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #25
wyoy is on a distinguished road
wyoy's Tacoma Gallery
Wind noise from the windshield

I have a 2011 and have had the same issue with the windshield. In a cross wind it can be loud enough that I'll turn the radio off. The dealer replaced the windshield the first time that it happened and told me that there was a gap in the molding from the factory. That fixed the problem for about 8 months and now it's back. I'm getting some resistance from the dealer this time, but am still working through the system. My dealer has so far been working with me.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #26
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna take a stab at this and say its the wind
Old 08-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #27
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
I'm gonna take a stab at this and say its the wind
you'd be wrong. it's the seal on the top of the windshield that is the issue.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #28
VAPrerunner is on a distinguished road
Army: 56th Aviation Company
VAPrerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Hello all, just a newby here. After having the truck for 2 weeks I just heard a whistling noise today. I was thinking it may have something to do with the bug deflector on the hood. This whistling wasn't like a kazoo, it was a whistle and I heard it predominantly between 40 and 50 MPH. Any comments are appreciated.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #29
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAPrerunner View Post
Hello all, just a newby here. After having the truck for 2 weeks I just heard a whistling noise today. I was thinking it may have something to do with the bug deflector on the hood. This whistling wasn't like a kazoo, it was a whistle and I heard it predominantly between 40 and 50 MPH. Any comments are appreciated.
Welcome to TW

Take the bug deflector off and see if you can reproduce the noise. If its gone then the bug deflector is your culprit. If its still there it might be the windshield molding.