Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2010 Tacoma Warning Lights issue

Old 06-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
starbucks is on a distinguished road
starbucks's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation 2010 Tacoma Warning Lights issue

Hi I have a 2010 prerunner single cab with a mild lift, that is pretty well cared for and never abused. Today while driving i noticed both the check engine light (not maint. req. light), and the slip indicator light on at 33,968 miles. I pulled over to check engine oil and fluids and everything looks ok. The coolant is on the low side but still above the low mark on canister. It was raining heavily last time I took the truck out, and I used the auto LSD and stability control for the first time.

I rely on this truck heavily, so this has me very concerned. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
D4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the rough

Name: Darren
D4D Hilux Dude's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have an aftermarket cold air intake installed?
Old 06-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D Hilux Dude View Post
Do you have an aftermarket cold air intake installed?
Nope sure dont!
Old 06-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds odd, but check to see if your gas cap is tight. Those lights come on for gas evap. leak codes.

OBDII P0456, P0455 and P0441.

Best of luck.

Frank
Old 06-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
Thumbs up

Thanks. I just disconnected the battery, and put grease around the gas cap seal and reinstalled. So far so good, no more warning lights.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:30 AM   #6
USCflyfisher is on a distinguished road
USCflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
I am just curous did you have any more issues after this? My 2011 did the same exact thing this morning. It has been raining almost continuously for two and a half days. I haven't been parking under the car port so that my wife would be able to access it. My first thought was that it had something to with the rain? Just curious if you had any more issues or had any more information on this. I am going to try disconnecting the battery before contacting the dealer.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #7
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
autozone or advance auto parts will pull your codes for free...
Old 06-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #8
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I let a buddy use my truck. He put some fuel in it and returned it to me. Well, I smelled fuel the next day and the CEL was on. Fired up Torque and found 3 codes.

P0441
P0455
P1500

yeah, so I was fretting the worst after reading 6 or so of these threads. Put it in the back of my mind then decided to tackle it a few days later. That got put off a whole week. Still smelled fuel and assumed it was running rich or whatever.

FInally, today, I walk out to the truck and start to get the down to business. Computer, OBD tools, Android Device, tools, 9v battery. Yeah, ready to get down.

So I checked the gas cap............................................... ......................

WAS NOT EVEN ON! - Cleared codes, went back and drove it a mile to double check. Yep, no one is using the truck anymore. TIred of idiots in my life complicating things and stressing me out.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #9
Monster1 is on a distinguished road
Army: 11th Infantry (radio man)
Monster1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbucks View Post
Thanks. I just disconnected the battery, and put grease around the gas cap seal and reinstalled. So far so good, no more warning lights.
When you discnnect the battery you also reset the compter on your vehicle, maybe that's what erased your warning lights. Good luck.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #10
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
After you reset the battery and drive for about 100 miles do a scan with your OBDII code reader again. Just because the check engine light isn't on doesn't mean there are no codes. I buy and sell all the time and dealers know that if a person doesn't see that "CEL" then they will have peace of mind. So they clear the codes with a scanner or they just unhook the battery cable for a bit then reconnect it. I've never tried reconnecting the OBDII scanner after reconnecting the battery, so it may not find a code right away. But since you reset the system by disconnecting the battery, you should double check by scanning for codes again even if the CEL isn't on. If you've driven it enough for the computer system to detect something then it should show up on the scanner. Hopefully it's all good though!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:55 AM   #11
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
no, on mine it is fixed... called my buddy and explained his error to him.