Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Looking for 2012 Regular Cab Info - About to buy

Old 06-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
larrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: larry
larrybbaker's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for 2012 Regular Cab Info - About to buy

I am about to buy a 2012 Regular Cab 4WD model and have 2 quick questions I hope someone would be kind enough to answer:

Is it possible to install an after market radio in the 2012? Crutchfield does not list a compatible dash kit available.

Is it possible to install aftermarket fog lights, and if so any vendor recommendations?

Thanks, greatly appreciate any info.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Supreme Commander of the Army of the Tacoma
lowrange is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Joe
lowrange's Tacoma Gallery
The dash kit for the 2012's isn't available yet.

Don't know about the fogs.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:48 AM   #3
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
^^ same as above ^^

Welcome to Tacoma World.

Frank
Old 06-15-2012, 02:32 AM   #5
TNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
the fogs are for a corolla or something but they work fine with a little cutting and are much much cheaper than from the stealership
Old 06-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
larrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura about

Thank you everyone for your input. Tomorrow may be the big day. I had a 2007 Tundra for 3 years... VERY foolishly traded it in @ 13 months ago... one of the biggest life mistakes I think I ever made, been in a RAV4 for a year now... like it... but it is not a truck... with kids getting married and going to college hard to shell out for another Tundra.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #7

Deal is done! Black regular cab 4x4 with AT. Dealer threw in fog lights. Now I just have to wait for a dash kit for my Pioneer head unit.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #8
zphly is on a distinguished road
zphly's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the purchase, OP, and welcome.

I waited around for the mythical 2012 dash kit for awhile, but got impatient and just decided to pull the trigger on an install with an existing second gen Metra dash kit, with the intention on switching it out with the 2012 dash kits once they arrived.

I had the double din kit installed with my Pioneer avh-8400, and to be honest, I think it looks great. The lines aren't perfect, but it's barely noticeable. In fact, I may not even swap it out for the new kit when it's available.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #9

Thanks zphly. I didn't think of that, I am a bit inpatient as well... may jump on that idea
Old 06-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #10
TacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
TacOffRoad11's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the Taco!!! And welcome to TW!

Old 06-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #11
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
I'm . Very nice.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #12

Thanks everyone. Really happy to back in a truck!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #13
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats man, if you're not happy with the fogs and don't mind doing a little cutting look into TheRetrofitSource.com and they're blazer fogs kit
Old 06-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #14

Thanks. Dealer called yesterday and they will be in next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Congrats man, if you're not happy with the fogs and don't mind doing a little cutting look into TheRetrofitSource.com and they're blazer fogs kit
Old 08-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #15
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybbaker View Post
Deal is done! Black regular cab 4x4 with AT. Dealer threw in fog lights. Now I just have to wait for a dash kit for my Pioneer head unit.
Now this is cool, I thought there was not a fog light option yet on a 2012, I am about to get a Reg Cab 4x4 myself and this is GOOD news,
Old 08-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #16
Spruce Juice is on a distinguished road

Name: Sam
Spruce Juice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybbaker View Post
Thanks. Dealer called yesterday and they will be in next week.
Would you be able to get some specifics on the dealer installed fogs? I am interested in acquire fogs on my RC and knowing the part numbers of all the bits would be useful. I wonder if you are getting Toyota oem parts because that's what I would like to have on mine.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #17
TNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWMF View Post
Now this is cool, I thought there was not a fog light option yet on a 2012, I am about to get a Reg Cab 4x4 myself and this is GOOD news,
The ebay kit works great if your dealer wont do it/wants too much.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #18

I will see what I can get off of the work order or if there are numbers on the kit at all. I am not certain it was a Toyota set, but will let you know what I find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruce Juice View Post
Would you be able to get some specifics on the dealer installed fogs? I am interested in acquire fogs on my RC and knowing the part numbers of all the bits would be useful. I wonder if you are getting Toyota oem parts because that's what I would like to have on mine.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #19
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Short notice but can you post some pics? Interior too? I love RCs
Old 08-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #20
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Just got her this morning,

7 miles on her, I really think Toyota did a wonderful job on the interior re-fresh, I noticed the color of the dash in black and the lower half grey, and the black carpet work well together. Add to that the dash or radio bezel and surrounding area have the same angled edges like the new grill and headlight lenses. It works really well.

So well it makes me want to research if the next model up radio unit would work in my RC and with a new steering wheel with the audio controls,