Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OME trim packer?

Old 06-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgalvanxgx View Post
can someone tell me the scoop on what this is and its purpose.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
It sits under the spring perch to give you a little bit extra lift with OME front shocks. generally used on the drive side only to counter the effects of the taco lean.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
seymour butts
xgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gerardo
xgalvanxgx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS 2 TiFJ View Post
It sits under the spring perch to give you a little bit extra lift with OME front shocks. generally used on the drive side only to counter the effects of the taco lean.
ah i see.. why does she lean?
Old 06-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ah i see.. why does she lean?
Battery , gas tank , driver all on the same side
Old 06-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #9
seymour butts
xgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wanted to bring this back to life for a quick sec

so can anyone input on this would be passenger side..

and driver side..
Old 06-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #10
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
So do you currently have the trim packer installed? If not your lean is about normal. My 05 was a about 1 1/4" lower on the driver's side. My 06 was about 1/2" lower.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
seymour butts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_TACO View Post
So do you currently have the trim packer installed? If not your lean is about normal. My 05 was a about 1 1/4" lower on the driver's side. My 06 was about 1/2" lower.
yeah i dont have it yet. so the trim packer will raise me an inch?
Old 06-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #12
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah i dont have it yet. so the trim packer will raise me an inch?
About 1/2"
Old 06-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
can i put two rings?
I don't see why not
Old 06-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #15
seymour butts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I don't see why not
has it been done before?
Old 06-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #16
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I can't speak for the trimpacker, but I do know for sure that some people have used 2 Toytec 1/4" top plate spacers or 1 Toytec 1/2" top plate spacer to level theirs out. It's the same concept. It just goes on top of the strut instead of under the spring perch.