Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Child seat....in back?

Old 12-31-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
ryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to behold
ryanf's Tacoma Gallery
Child seat....in back?

Hey guys, I have decided to sell my ram 3/4 Diesel STD cab to go with something a little smaller...6cyl acces cab taco....

Very important question i can't seem to find an answer too, can you put a baby seat in the back of an access cab? It looks like there are seats there, but can you safely do it?

thanks!!
Old 12-31-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
some folks here have stated that its possible, but it is difficult, I say that a Double cab is the way to go, lots of space there man....
Old 12-31-2008, 08:49 AM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-cab-room.html
Old 12-31-2008, 09:29 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the double cab thats what i have and you still have to move the front seat up a little so little guy has some leg room in the back
Old 12-31-2008, 09:51 AM   #5
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
I can fit a booster seat for my gf's 3 year old in the back of my access cab with no problem.. just flip the seat over to make it all flat and his seat just attaches with the seat belt and it works fine.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:20 AM   #6
ryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to behold
ryanf's Tacoma Gallery
I would gt the double, but not really a fan of the way it looks, and the bed is way way to small. I love the way the access looks, and gives a decent bed size
Old 12-31-2008, 11:41 AM   #7
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jay
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
some folks here have stated that its possible, but it is difficult, I say that a Double cab is the way to go, lots of space there man....
+1 on that one. If you have kids and car seats then a DC is the way to go. I have a 5 1/2 year old that's in a booster and a 2 1/2 year old still in a car seat. I wouldn't want to give them any less room than they already have. The 2 year old still kicks the back of my seat in my DC. They'll also appreciate you later when they do get into a booster. My 5 year old has room to put her travel desk and such in her lap when we're out for a road trip.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:43 AM   #8
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanf View Post
I would gt the double, but not really a fan of the way it looks, and the bed is way way to small. I love the way the access looks, and gives a decent bed size

You can get a double cab long bed.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:08 PM   #9
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with Derek... Double Cab Long Bed. I too have two kids. One is 4 and the other is 2. The DC offers the latch system on the top and is very secure. Plus, you always have the side curtain airbag for the rear passengers for extra protections. One kids wants his backpack full of his favorite cars and the other one still has a diaper bag. You tell me, where you gonna fit that along with two seats in the rear of a AC? Take the plunge!
Old 12-31-2008, 03:15 PM   #10
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
x10,000 on the DC - you'll regret getting the AC once you put your kid(s) back there...
Old 12-31-2008, 03:20 PM   #11
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
One more here for DC long bed.My 5 year old is in a booster in mine and as was said,he's touching the back of my seat with his snowy boots and driving his 'ol Man crazy.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:45 PM   #12
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
That's sad! Seat covers dont cover most of the back. I had a King cab Frontier a long time ago. I could never imagine my precious cargo back there! Friends? Hell yeah! My own kids... well that's a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
One more here for DC long bed.My 5 year old is in a booster in mine and as was said,he's touching the back of my seat with his snowy boots and driving his 'ol Man crazy.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:28 PM   #13
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
That's sad! Seat covers dont cover most of the back. I had a King cab Frontier a long time ago. I could never imagine my precious cargo back there! Friends? Hell yeah! My own kids... well that's a different story.

Sorry,I reread my post and I didn't explain it very well.....I have a double cab now,and even with the DC my little guy is taxed for space.My point was that the AC wouldn't work for us.The back of my seat gets stained with dirt and salt but hey,Sh*t happens.Seat covers are on my list.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:34 PM   #14
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't imagine trying to get my 11 week old in and out of the AC in a car seat. DC, not one problem.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #15
Rockstar2448 is on a distinguished road

Rockstar2448's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar2448
Go for a DC Long Bed if you can afford it. It's well worth the extra space, both in the bed and inside the cab. I've got a Britax car seat for my little 14 month old girl, that's one of the larger overall sized seats on the market but there is still room for 2 people to sit back there with the seat in the center and one person on each side.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:05 PM   #16
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
You should be able to because my 03 xtra cab has a special thing in the back for a baby seat and the back of my truck should be smaller than the 2nd gen access cabs and the access cab doors open. It will most likely be a tight fit though.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:37 AM   #17
JTDTacoma is on a distinguished road
JTDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Those child seats take up so much room that my kids' legs are right on the back of my seat in my DC. No way on the AC unless you are 5' tall and don't need leg room up front. Get the DC!