Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

license plate laws???

Old 12-31-2008, 09:25 AM   #1
RDAY is on a distinguished road
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
license plate laws???

I live in NY is it illegal to just have a rear plate? because i just put my new grill on and the plate blocks alot of it and i ordered a bull bar and how does that mount over the plate? also i see alot of trucks with bull bars with no front plates?
Old 12-31-2008, 09:27 AM   #2
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.
mudduck will become famous soon enough

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
i dont live in ny, but ohio has the same laws. i'm guessing all vehicles are to have both front and rear plates. you can get a ticket for improper display if you dont have both plates. its not enforced very often, but still a law.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:33 AM   #3
RDAY is on a distinguished road
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
but where is everyone installing them with bull bars then?
Old 12-31-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
Jeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to all

Army: Sp4 in Personel Section HQ CO.
Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
Well, interesting thread, here in the Peoples Republic of MASS.( were the folks who gave you Ted K.) you used to have only one plate, in the rear, then for some reason all of the day-glow green lettering peeled off and it is hard for the Po-lice to read your plate.
So now all of those plates getted replaced and now they issue you two plates and you must put them on. One of the ways they get you to do this is reject your vehicle when the inspection is due. Of course if you drive and get caught its a fine, I believe the "gendarmes" prefer a plate on the front and rear. So this is what I am facing in Sept of 09 and I really dislike having a plate screw up the front of my truck.

Jeff , 06,V6, SR5, 6spd 4x4
Old 12-31-2008, 10:35 AM   #6
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
just one plate here in GA. horay south!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:44 AM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
MD & VA are 2 plate states... I don't take my chances and run both plates.

that's the one thing I miss about AZ -- only rear plates...
Old 12-31-2008, 10:47 AM   #9
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
Here we have to have 2 plates as well, some guys put them on the dash, as long as there visible from the front. I don't know if that would work where you are tho you would have to ask a cop to be sure. I've heard that as long as you have the plate in the truck you'll be ok, but I'm not sure about that either.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:53 AM   #10
Jeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to all

Army: Sp4 in Personel Section HQ CO.
Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately that will not work here in MA. if you have plate for the front they want it on.
A couple of choices I have are, to turn in my old plate and get a new set , no charge but I only get the number they assign me, not my old number. Or I can order (at a cost) vanity plates and get what I want. Or if I had connections with the Reg. of Motor Vehicles, much like all of the legislators in Boston, you get first pick at almost anything. LOL
Jeff, 06,V6,SR5, 6spd, 4x4
Old 12-31-2008, 10:55 AM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Out here in AZ, we dont have to have one on the front, But starting tomarrow, the "Arizona" on the top of the plate must not be obstructed.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:58 AM   #12
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Out here in AZ, we dont have to have one on the front, But starting tomarrow, the "Arizona" on the top of the plate must not be obstructed.
they pulled that same crap in Texas a few years ago... asinine...
Old 12-31-2008, 12:43 PM   #13
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
they pulled that same crap in Texas a few years ago... asinine...
A buddy of mine is from TX and he and his GF just got back from there and they got stopped for having one of those covers on the plate. said you couldnt have anything covering any part of the plate.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:45 PM   #14
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think New York requires a front plate. None of my family there has a front plate.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:12 PM   #15
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
I could never understand why it mattered? Alberta is allowed only a rear plate as well...just seems so weird to me. On commercial trucks you have to have a front plate because that is where your insurance decal is so they can see it before you go over the scales. Anyone know why they have these rules?
Old 12-31-2008, 01:15 PM   #16
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Yes you must have a front plate, a ticket ( a fine ) and an $85.00 court fee.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:21 PM   #17
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I stand corrected!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:26 PM   #18
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Ever since I knew this law was coming in I have been noticing how many people are out there with 'Arizona' covered. The police are going to be real busy!
Old 01-04-2009, 01:25 AM   #19
bledsoe3 is on a distinguished road
bledsoe3's Tacoma Gallery
I wanted to remove mine due to photo radar. I did a ride along with a police officer and he told me that to prevent a photo ticket that I should register my car to my wife and her to mine.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:18 AM   #20
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
^ that'll make for some nice dinner conversations.