1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Driver seat has broken spring

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Redgrom, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Jun 16, 2012 at 9:10 AM
    Redgrom

Redgrom [OP] http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    san clemente
    Vehicle:
    4x4 taco and 96 ford bronco
    ATO front skid (need more but icon's might fail if I hang anything else from my truck) All-Pro front bumper thanks to a good deal here and a pesky encounter with a rock or 20, total chaos uppers.
    Hello, I have a 05 trd sport and have a issue with my drivers seat. Yesterday i noticed I could see a piece of the spring sticking out on the lower portion right next to the door. (on the top right before it turns the corner at the door) Before anyone asks I only weigh 190LBS:D. It feels like it might have come unhooked and I would like to fix it before it rips through. Will probably pull the seat today to get a better look. Any other ideas?
    Thanks!

2. Jun 16, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    bassinman

bassinman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Gilbert Arizona
    Vehicle:
    11 Prerunner SR5
    Tint, WeatherTech mats, Differential Breather Mod, Fogs on anytime mod, Seatbelt chime disabled, glove box led's, Rear spring TSB
    Is it a spring or the rod (about 3/16 inch diameter) that goes from front to back along the same plane as the valley in the seat cushion? My 2011 this rod was not properly secured and worked itself forward and poked through the fabric right where the stitching is on the front of the seat. Noticed it when rod started poking me on the back of my left lower leg. Dealer had upholstery ship remove seat cover and secure the rod.

3. Jun 16, 2012 at 12:12 PM
    03coma

03coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD, SR5
    TRD Pro Grille, Skid Plate, TRD Cat-Back Exhaust System, 2017 Tacoma TRD Rims, ARE Series II Lid,
    I would guess your warranty is over, do you have any auto upholstery shops in your area? fix it before it gets to bad.

4. Jun 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    Redgrom

Redgrom [OP] http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    san clemente
    Vehicle:
    4x4 taco and 96 ford bronco
    ATO front skid (need more but icon's might fail if I hang anything else from my truck) All-Pro front bumper thanks to a good deal here and a pesky encounter with a rock or 20, total chaos uppers.
    It is the rod not the spring as I said. Poor description on my part. Yeah warranty is long gone unfortunatly. Good idea on the upholstery shop, I'll check around. Thanks for the advice.

Products Discussed in

To Top