Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Intermittent front end shake post Camburg spindle install

Old 06-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
TacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really nice
Air Force:
TacoLife08's Tacoma Gallery
Intermittent front end shake post Camburg spindle install

ok the spindles went on about a month ago and ever since ive had this very odd shake (not vibration) in the front end.

Before the spindle install i was running a spacer lift and had no vibes, shakes what so ever. i also already had the new set of tires that i am still running with that spacer lift. so i am not considering a tire/wheel issue at this time.

let me get into exactly whats happening. The shake usually starts at about 45+ mph and stops around 60 mph. Whats odd about this shake is that sometimes the steering wheel will shake very violently in between those speeds and other times the steering wheel will be silk while only the front end literally bounces up and down like im riding around in a blender. ive expiremented with the causes of the shake frequently and noticed that when the steering wheel is not shaking (only the suspension), when i enter a steady left hand turn at the same crusing speeds of 45-60 mph the steering wheel will begin to shake again midway through the turn and the suspension shake will mellow out to a dull shake. so basically on a straight road which ever shake i have to begin with i.e steering wheel and/or front end shake i will continue to have it untill i make a left hand turn in which the shake will shift from steering wheel to suspension.

so i guess my main question is ... ??

this is what ive done since the spindle change in an attempt to rectify the issue:

2 alignments
1 tire balance
1 tire rotation
fluctuation of tire pressure from 30-40 psi

Any Ideas???

Edit: *This is a Repost since no one saw it in Technical Chat*
Old 06-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsikotic View Post
Check your bushings in your upper and lower control arms and make sure your tie-rods and steering components are not loose.
X2 tighten everything up and maybe get another alignment or it could be just be bad luck and a weight fell off you wheel
Old 06-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
nmflyguy is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
nmflyguy's Tacoma Gallery
I have Camburg spindles and have never had a problem.This sounds like a tie rod end issue.