Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
JPC2061 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: J.P.
JPC2061's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow Vs. Flowmaster

So I am getting ready to pulg the trigger on a new exhaust system. I know that I can get away with just a muffler for sound I have a lot of rust on the exhaust system so why not replace the whole thing? So I've come down to two systems as the title says I wanna know what the suggestions are. A magnaflow cat back exhaust (http://www.amazon.com/MagnaFlow-1711.../dp/B004SCKDCG) or a Flowmaster American Thunder (http://www.amazon.com/Flowmaster-174...ar=1&carId=001) Suggestions? I've looked at videos with sound I can't hear a major difference I'm looking to hear from guys or gals who have em.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Flowmaster = Poop sound and loss of power

Magnaflow = None of the above
Old 06-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #3

Law Enforcement:
JPC2061's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Flowmaster = Poop sound and loss of power

Magnaflow = None of the above
Suggestions?
Old 06-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPC2061 View Post
Suggestions?
Magnaflow, Banks, Gibson, Areo Turbine, JBA, Borla or MBRP. Banks vids in my sig.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
Dobri56 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Dobri56's Tacoma Gallery
MBRP makes a great stainless steel turn down exhaust sounds good and no loss of power also clean cut and you don't see pipes. I believe its like 250 in change
Old 06-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #6

Law Enforcement:
JPC2061's Tacoma Gallery
I like it how much do they run?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...magnaflow.html
Old 06-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #8
GreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud of

Name: Tyler
GreenTaco28's Tacoma Gallery
I had a flowmaster american thunder and I really liked the sound but it was pretty loud and it droned a bit on the freeway. I switched to a magnaflow and my mpg's increased and it kept close to the same sound but not as loud and without the raspyness.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #9
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
magnaflow ftw!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyJKy7Cfh84

i know its a 1st gen but the sound is close
Old 06-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #10
Tacostuffer is on a distinguished road

Tacostuffer's Tacoma Gallery
I have the MBRP system on my 12 and love it. Nice deep tone!
Old 06-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #11

Law Enforcement:
JPC2061's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacostuffer View Post
I have the MBRP system on my 12 and love it. Nice deep tone!
Thats the one I went with I can't wait to get it on!
Old 06-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #12
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmasters sound like ass and rob performance. It took me 4 vehicles with a Flowmaster on each before I realized this. Now I guess I'm old enough that I don't care for any of the brippity brap mufflers. Stock is just fine.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #14
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery

AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!

Old 06-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
Breaker of Wheeling Rules #1 and #2
Mach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
Mach375's Tacoma Gallery
I've had both. Flowmaster on a Pony, Magnaflow on a seriously built turbo Volvo (no one expects a Volvo to beat a Vette or a Viper......). Flowmaster has the hands-down best sound, but is annoyingly loud -- after about a year, I was wishing I could quiet it down a bit (though it was nice to set off car alarms all the time). Magnaflow has just about the same sound as a Flowmaster, but is infinitely quieter and far more bearable.
I weigh in on the side of Magnaflow, just because you get all the sound of a Flowmaster with none of the headache.

But I'm old enough now to be plenty happy with the stock noise level. I don't need to be announcing my presence everywhere I go.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #16
Hans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hans Moleman's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it stock. Our engines sound horrible with loud exhausts. If you must, the TRD sounds better than all of the other ones
Old 06-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #17
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I get compliments on my Magnaflow all the time. Granted, I just went with the muffler on stock pipes but years later it still sounds great.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #18
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
I had FloPro and now I'll be getting Street Flow on my Tundy. No complaints on the FloPro

Products Discussed in this Thread