Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

05 Tacoma engine mount weird sound

Old 06-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Drabbit17 is on a distinguished road
Name: Diego
Drabbit17's Tacoma Gallery
05 Tacoma engine mount weird sound

Hello All, I've read some posts about engine mount problems in 05 and 06 tacomas. I think Im having that kind of problem with my truck .. it makes a weird sound when I change the gear from N to R. So I check it yesterday and it seams that the problem is located there. I just dont know if its the engine mount or the welds. The welds look fine for me but its kind of hard to check it right.

I just dont know if some of the other guys that have a tacoma had the same weir sound and that;s how they discovered that it was the mount or the welds.

Also if someone knows the part number of that engine mount so I can have it in case I need to change it.

Hope someone can help me.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Is your foot hard on the brake pedal when this happens?
Old 06-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Check your driveshaft center bearing for excessive play as well while you're under there.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:10 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Check your driveshaft center bearing for excessive play as well while you're under there.
I'll check this and I'll let u know.. tks for the post
Old 06-18-2012, 07:10 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
Is your foot hard on the brake pedal when this happens?
Not really.. or well I dont feel it.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of sound ? Could be your brake pads, they move around when low and make a click or rattle sound. Could also be a bad u-joint.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
What kind of sound ? Could be your brake pads, they move around when low and make a click or rattle sound. Could also be a bad u-joint.
Here is an update of the weird sound. It can't be the pads cause the sound happens even if the car is not moving. It happens when the car is moving and theres a lot of bumps in the street and also if im parked and I have the hand break push and I change the gear between N and R. If I change it between N and D nothing happens. What I think is that when I change the gear the engine moves and that what is causing the sound.

If I push the engine a lil bit, or if I put some weight in the engine and change the gear does not make any sound. So thats why I think is the engine mount. Im going to take it out to see if there's something wrong with it or with the welds..

I'll keep you posted..