Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tonneau Buying Help, PLEASE!!!

Old 06-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
So many b!tches, so little time...now back to TW!!
crazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant future

Name: ErIc
crazyrzr85's Tacoma Gallery
Tonneau Buying Help, PLEASE!!!

I am looking to buy a tonneau cover for my 09 OR 5' bed...I know I want a soft roll up kind where the cross braces I'll call them roll right up with the cover...What make/model would you guys/gals recommend, and where would be the best place to get one??? I am looking to try and not spend more then around $350...Thanks in advance
Old 06-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
TAOScott's Tacoma Gallery
Call me for the Access Limited cover. It is a high-end cover, has the features you are looking for, and allows you to keep your tracks functional.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
Squirrellydw is on a distinguished road

Squirrellydw's Tacoma Gallery
Highly recommend the Access Limited
Old 06-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
cbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cbr04's Tacoma Gallery
Access makes great covers. I went with the Access Vanish and very happy with it!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:10 AM   #5
crazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant future

I was looking into Access and Truxedo covers mainly, these opinions are helping me greatly, keep em coming thanks!!

TAOScott, I have browsed your site quite a bit lately and like what I see so far.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #6
StickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
StickShifty's Tacoma Gallery
access cover here and love it
Old 06-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #7
rabb11d is on a distinguished road
Name: Artie
rabb11d's Tacoma Gallery
Just put a truxedo on mine last week. I like it. I had one on a titan as well and had no problems.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #8
WVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
WVTacoma08's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered from these guys a few months back & was very pleased.
http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...lltopcover.asp

This is a great cover & no complaints so far.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:19 AM   #9
Vandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant future
Name: Jake
Vandy's Tacoma Gallery
I'll give another vote for the Access limited. By far the best soft cover I have ever had. Install took me about 45 minutes by myself. I've had it about two years now and not a single complaint. The tension adjustments are great and not having snaps to deal with is awesome.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #10
matt1381 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
matt1381's Tacoma Gallery
I have the truxedo and love it. Have had it on for 7 years and it still looks new. Best part you can contact truxedo directly and all replacement parts are free!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #11
jf1 is on a distinguished road
jf1's Tacoma Gallery
I really like my Extang Express. I'm partial to Extang because I had an issue with my first cover and they went out of their way to resolve the problem with a new tonneau. Great company to deal with.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #12
Gritesh is on a distinguished road
Gritesh's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for truxedo

Make sure to get the one that is a bit more expensive as it has lifetime warranty on the actual cover itself, so if it fades/tears/stretches you can get it replaced for free, also the auto tensioner on it helps for temperature changes.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #13
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Truxedo and I like it, but it is a bit too wide. There is about 1" too much material width-wise which makes for not completely solid contact on the velcro. Only complaint
Old 06-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #14
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Had Truxedo LoPro QT for three years and did not like the fit and the way it mounted.

Sold it and bought Access LiteRider for cheaper instead. I like it a lot better. Much nicer mounting system (underneath bed rails) and most importantly the fit is perfect.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I am a diehard Extang whore myself. Since the Truxedo line is under the same family tree as Extang, I like them too.

On any other truck I wouldn't use an Access to be honest, but with the Tacoma, IMHO it is no competition .. Access all the way.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #16
Vandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant future
Name: Jake
Vandy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAOScott View Post
I am a diehard Extang whore myself. Since the Truxedo line is under the same family tree as Extang, I like them too.

On any other truck I wouldn't use an Access to be honest, but with the Tacoma, IMHO it is no competition .. Access all the way.
I am curious why you like the Access for the Tacoma's, but not other trucks?
Old 06-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
I am curious why you like the Access for the Tacoma's, but not other trucks?
A little more partial to the Truxedo brand. The covers are generally the same, but I just like the lines of the Truxedo. To me the fit and finish is just a bit better.

Access does the Tacoma better by the way they maintain the function of the factory rail.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #19

I'mm 99.999% sure I'm gonna go with the Access Limited...funds moved tomorrow and the order should be placed!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #20
ADCarter1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Denise
ADCarter1's Tacoma Gallery
I am asking this out of complete ignorance, as a new pick up truck owner...

What's the big deal about using/not using the Toyota bed rails? If it uses the existing bed rails then I don't have access to them for tying stuff down anymore? If it doesn't use them then I can? Is it easier to install with the existing rails?