Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Roof rack for access cab???

Old 06-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
Shits & Giggles
kriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud of

Navy: Naval Flight Officer
Name: Chris
kriskross's Tacoma Gallery
Roof rack for access cab???

Does anyone know where I can find a OEM roof rack for my 09 Access cab? Or do they only make them for double cabs?
Old 06-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
It is only for double cabs. I'm not sure if an aftermarket company makes any for the AC.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
Shits & Giggles
kriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
It is only for double cabs. I'm not sure if an aftermarket company makes any for the AC.
Lame... Thanks anyway
Old 06-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
get a yakima. at least i think they work for AC.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
find one, chop it in half, and weld it back together, smooth it out and bolt it on.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
Shits & Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
find one, chop it in half, and weld it back together, smooth it out and bolt it on.
Well that's one way to do it!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
No bolts under the rubber strips.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
Shits & Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
No bolts under the rubber strips.
Would rivets do it???
Old 06-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by crevans2 View Post
Would rivets do it???
I'm going to say no but you would have to drill your roof for rivets.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, if you are going to drill your roof, just get the Yakima tracks with plus-nuts. It will be stronger and easier to do.

Nermalgod has done it.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #12
Shits & Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy View Post
Honestly, if you are going to drill your roof, just get the Yakima tracks with plus-nuts. It will be stronger and easier to do.

Nermalgod has done it.
Thanks for the reference!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #13
Next Level Tactical. On FB
Chris Rainero is on a distinguished road

Name: christopher
Chris Rainero's Tacoma Gallery
I was wondering the same thing. Dam it.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #14
Shits & Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rainero View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Dam it.
I guess we are probably stuck getting aftermarket...
Old 06-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #15
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

EMS: Giles Rescue
Name: Josh
resq330's Tacoma Gallery
Why does everyone like these things so much?
Old 06-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #16
Bajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Remote Duty Paramedic
Bajatacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Because they're cool and some of us need the carrying capacity added by racks.

Disclaimer, I have a Yakima on my camper shell to carry my kayaks and bike.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #17
Shits & Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajatacoma View Post
Because they're cool and some of us need the carrying capacity added by racks.

Disclaimer, I have a Yakima on my camper shell to carry my kayaks and bike.
I've looked at some of the Yakima or Thule racks but I can never figure out which ones to get. Way too many options. I might have to go into a retailer to see which one I want then order that one online.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #18
Banned
knucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
knucklehead's Tacoma Gallery
http://tinyurl.com/6sefjs4
If I was going racks, I would look in this direction.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #19
Shits & Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
http://tinyurl.com/6sefjs4
If I was going racks, I would look in this direction.
Thats a little much for me. I might do something similar when my truck becomes my secondary vehicle.