Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weighted down

Old 01-01-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Jackass to the masses
cvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cvillechopper's Tacoma Gallery
Weighted down

It's been a couple months since I took these pics and I've just been too lazy to post them but here's what the DCSB TRD Off-road looks like with what I'm guessing to be well over 1/2 ton of gravel in the back. Road well but hit the stops a couple times.

Here's a shot without the weight for comparison.

Won't do this much but glad to know that I can. Oh yeh, the tarp was my wife's idea after the first load took forever to shovel out and scratched up the space between the bed and tailgate. Made it much better.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #2
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
Is this with or without the TSB done on the rear springs?

Gary
Old 01-01-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
Jackass to the masses
cvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cvillechopper's Tacoma Gallery
With. I had the TSB done less than a month after I bought the truck. Without it I was hitting the stops with 1/2 the weight.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #4
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

I need to get mine done, my truck bottomed out with half that load.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaflyer View Post
I need to get mine done, my truck bottomed out with half that load.
Now I never got the rear TSB done on my truck but I added 2" AAL's from toytec. Does this mean I won't bottom out with a heavy load?
Old 01-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #6
BUSATODD
busatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

busatodd's Tacoma Gallery
what is the tsb for on the truck? what year? do you have to pay for it?
thanks todd
Old 01-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #7
My other ride Hovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Now I never got the rear TSB done on my truck but I added 2" AAL's from toytec. Does this mean I won't bottom out with a heavy load?
I'm pretty sure you are fine. The TSB is just replacing a 3 leaf pack with a 4 leaf pack (basically an AAL)

Gary
Old 01-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by busatodd View Post
what is the tsb for on the truck? what year? do you have to pay for it?
thanks todd
We are talking about the rear suspension TSB. Your truck should qualify for this since it is an 05. If you don't have a TRD packaged Tacoma they will set you up with the TRD Bilstein shocks all around and add a couple of AAL's for the rear so you won't bottom out as easily. You also gain about an inch in the rear. And yes, it is free. I think you have to do it before the warranty is up though. Not to sure on that one.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #9
colvilletacoma will become famous soon enoughcolvilletacoma will become famous soon enough
colvilletacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Here some pics of my truck weighed down. I have the AllPro Leaf Springs.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #10
My other ride Hovers

Has to be done during the warranty period (3 year or 36k) here is a link
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ta-tacoma.html
Old 01-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #11
My other ride Hovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by colvilletacoma View Post
Here some pics of my truck weighed down. I have the AllPro Leaf Springs.

Holy Crap! how did you get that beast in the back of your truck!
Old 01-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #12
colvilletacoma will become famous soon enoughcolvilletacoma will become famous soon enough
I have a winch welded to those racks. The racks are bolted to the frame using the bolts that bolt the bed down. The winch pulled the whole moose in by itself, i only had 2 guys hold my tailgate so it did buckle which I was pulling it in. Oh yeah we had 7 guys total and I was the only one who had to turn the knob to pull the moose in
Old 01-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #13
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i weight mine down all the time, check it out:

These are all without the TSB but with a 1" block and a Procomp AAL in the pack. I now have the TSB pack but need to put an aal in it because sits a little low without any weight now. the previous setup had it sitting 1/2-3/4" higher in the back than the front unloaded for reference.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #14
Lets get a better picture of that Winch bumper and those racks or that rear glass protector, whatever you want to call it. Lets get some pics come on come on! Also whats your name? My fiance' is from Gold Beach
Old 01-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #15
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Lets get a better picture of that Winch bumper and those racks or that rear glass protector, whatever you want to call it. Lets get some pics come on come on! Also whats your name? My fiance' is from Gold Beach
Whats her name? and click on the "wheelin" link in my sig for some good picks of my truck i have on photobucket.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #16
Yeah I just looked at your photobucket. Ill PM ya with her name
Old 01-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #17
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a winch welded to those racks. The racks are bolted to the frame using the bolts that bolt the bed down. The winch pulled the whole moose in by itself, i only had 2 guys hold my tailgate so it did buckle which I was pulling it in. Oh yeah we had 7 guys total and I was the only one who had to turn the knob to pull the moose in
Way to go!!!!!! I like seeing that, and yes that is a load.

Glad to see people using their trucks as trucks, don't get me wrong, I am all for babying one's ride. But it's a truck.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #18
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
i weight mine down all the time, check it out:

These are all without the TSB but with a 1" block and a Procomp AAL in the pack. I now have the TSB pack but need to put an aal in it because sits a little low without any weight now. the previous setup had it sitting 1/2-3/4" higher in the back than the front unloaded for reference.

Thats pretty amazing!! How does it do pulling the skid steer?? My 01 2500HD GM worked to pull a 262 cat. Then again, it wasnt a Toyota..
Old 01-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #19
Oh yeah definetly. I have also paid the price for having used it, but thats alright. I have had 3 deer back there, a full bull elk and closed the truck bed too. Hey Longbow do you have a pic of your truck? Do you got a winch on there or anything custom like that?
Old 01-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
Thats pretty amazing!! How does it do pulling the skid steer?? My 01 2500HD GM worked to pull a 262 cat. Then again, it wasnt a Toyota..
Pulling that Bobcat is no problem at all! its about 4600lbs+ the trailer. now the backhoe on the other hand is definitely the max for the Taco. its like 5500-6000lbs + the aluminum flatbed!