Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Line-X or Rhino Line?

View Poll Results: Which spray on bedliner do you prefer?
Rhino Line 112 21.83%
Line-X 349 68.03%
Other 52 10.14%
Voters: 513. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2009, 09:31 AM   #1
Squirrel Mincer
1-3-2-4 has a spectacular aura about1-3-2-4 has a spectacular aura about
1-3-2-4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 1-3-2-4
Line-X or Rhino Line?

Which do you prefer? Please be specific. Thanks!

BTW, I realize that the Taco has a SMC bed...but for steel beds, what is your preference?
Old 01-01-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
I got Line-X on mine, Awesome, nice and thick and no fade
Old 01-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
Lemon
GreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GreySky72's Tacoma Gallery
Line X on my sliders.. I know I know but I really like it
Old 01-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
gonna get my bed line-x'd as soon as i save up for it...........that pos drop in plastic liner is rubbing paint off my bed edges, and its dirty and probably rusty under there. for my bumpers...i used herculiner, and i'll use it on my rockers and fender flares when it warms up also.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
SouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of light

SouthWhittierMetalWorks's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad someone asked this i was going to ask the same thing because i also hate that damn plastic liner.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
i had rhino on my ranger. was nice stuff and only faded slightly after being outdoors for a couple years. cant go wrong with either imo. only thing i didn't like was when you had to slide heavy stuff and couldn't because it sticks to the rubber so well.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
Lifetime Member
CtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CtryBoyInMT's Tacoma Gallery
I believe the poll results say it all.

No to Rhino because once it's torn, it'll continue to peel. Also too rubbery and soft. Try and slide in 2x4's on Rhino and it will tear it up. Line-X will stick like powdercoat and won't peel, even if chipped. Can be applied thicker in high wear areas such as bed rails, top lips of the wheel well radius, leading edges of grill guards, tailgates, etc. Rhino is a self leveling viscous liquid when applied and can only be thicker in pooling areas.
That being said, cost is probably a major deterrent to the Line X, but worth it in my book.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:03 AM   #9
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
I would imagine the poll results are they way they are because people are voting for what they have rather than what they have tried.

There is a big difference between the 2 products. They are both very good and offer great protection. The biggest difference is that Rhino Liner is rubbery while Line-x is hard. I have always used Rhino liner over the years because its softer and is easier on the knees when I'm crawling around back there. I have bought a couple of trucks over the years that have had Line-x installed by either the dealer or the previous owner but have always prefered the rubberyness of the Rhino liner.

Go to both dealers and check both of them out. I also found that Rhino Liner is easier to clean.

Edit:As for the comment about Rhino liner pealing. It will peel under EXTREME sharp edges but most dealers will touch it up for you. I never had this problem. People that use their trucks hard enough for it to peel probably aren't babying their trucks or worried about some superficial scrapes.

One problem with Line-x is you can dent the metal under the coating since it isn't rubbery. From what I saw on past trucks of mine - is Rhino liner is thicker in most places and absorbs most of the shock when something is thrown back there. Take a hammer to a linex bed and you will be able to dent the metal underneath.

I would only every do Rhino liner again. 1 crawl around a Line-x bed in a pair of shorts will make anyone wish they had gotten Rhino liner. But again, its all what you prefer. Both offer great protection but I have found that Rhino Liner is easier to live with unless you are sliding steel beams in and out of your truck all day.

Good luck
Old 01-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #10
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I voted Line-X but no one in VT has a franchise anymore. They all changed to Onyx. There is a guy who does Rhino. On my tundra, I choose the Onyx because of the harder application, it would not rip up to ski carbines like the softer Rhino. I had friend who had both. I would probably do either product on my side bars though. Winter salt kills everything here.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #11
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Durabak.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #12
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySky72 View Post
Line X on my sliders.. I know I know but I really like it
That looks pretty cool. What did that cost to do?
Old 01-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #13
Lemon
GreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
That looks pretty cool. What did that cost to do?
lol I dont remember! probably around 200. it wasn't cheap
Old 01-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #15
Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtryBoyInMT View Post
Good Points. Never thought about my knee rash debacles from Line-X. It will i tell ya!
Holy shat! ya when I first got them put on I almost killed myself getting in and out cause I would forget that they were there and it was summer time so I was in shorts and I scraped the hell out of myself for awhile on those things!
Old 08-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #19
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
I've used them both and would recommend Rhino Liner. The elasticity and durability is unbeatable IMO.

3/16"-1/4" thick rhino liner. FTW
Old 08-18-2009, 06:49 AM   #20
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Rhino is some seriously tough stuff.