Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Damaged Smittybilt/N-Fab step bars

Old 06-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
Erik37 is on a distinguished road
Erik37's Tacoma Gallery
Damaged Smittybilt/N-Fab step bars

Just picked up my Smittybilt/N-Fab step bars, opened up the box and found that one end of one bar was... for lack of a better word, squished. And the round plastic cap that is supposed to cover the hole was just pushed into it. I then checked the other bar and found the same thing. The weird thing is the damage is so similar it almost looks like it was made that way. Can someone confirm that both ends should be round?
Attached Thumbnails
Damaged Smittybilt/N-Fab step bars-img-20120622-00075.jpg   Damaged Smittybilt/N-Fab step bars-img-20120622-00076.jpg  
Old 06-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
I dont really know, but in the first pic the bar is scratched!
Old 06-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
just noticed he was in Canada............these guys get screwed by shipping charges, and at the least should get exactly what they ordered in perfect "like new" condition right?
Yeah I hear ya. I ordered a parts geek grill and the rubber molding had a tear in it. By the time I packed it back up, mailed it, waited for a new replacement and wait for my reimbursment it wasn't worth it. I ended up just fixing it myself and sucked it up.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
Erik37 is on a distinguished road
Erik37's Tacoma Gallery
The bar did look scratched but whatever it was in the picture wiped off. No the end caps do not fit. I don't have to send them back. I actually bought them locally, and cheaper than I could find anywhere online. I called the place right away and he said he would deal with Smittybilt. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't supposed to look like that. Thanks for the responses guys.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #7
MJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to all

Army:
MJM777's Tacoma Gallery
I have those bars, and the ends are perfectly round with caps installed.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Should be perfectly round. Mine were. That box was dropped on its end and it bent the ends of both bars.