LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Debadging ??? Please explain the reason

Old 06-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #21
netman1969 will become famous soon enoughnetman1969 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Air Force Security Police NCO
Name: Dave
netman1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to netman1969
I just picked up a new Baja, the mudflaps went the next day and the graphics came off this weekend. Peeled off nice and easy, I was very happy. I stripped all the chrome badges off my 2009, as well as the TRD stickers, but I havent decided on this one yet. I have the black TRD plate on the tailgate and would love to find the Tacoma plates in the same finish and font.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #22
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan139 View Post
I thought the TRD sticker on the side of the bed looked like shit. It had to go.
I like my NJ TRD stickers

Old 06-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #23
Spitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Spitz Stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAJIM View Post
Ok, I guess I am just not with it/ old or a supporter of Madison Avenue but what is the deal with debadging ??? I see many posts about it. Is it done for style or for a protest against "Toyota" and or the Dealerships ?? Hell, my first 1980 SR5 had a 4 foot "Toyota" across the tail gate, now just a 10 inch chrome Toyota is OK with me. Thanks i advance for all replies

Be Safe JIM

Jim you are just old/not with it. I can tell you this, because I have discovered that I too am old/not with it and that is why I don't understand this (or many of the other things the youngsters do these days) either.

If you are old enough to remember the first time this was popular it was called 'shaving' the emblems instead of 'debadging'. It's fun to watch these trends come back around, and to watch as the young crowd claims the trend as if it were their idea.

No offense meant to any of the young folks. I only know this because I can remember my dad and grandpa laughing when I told them about the 'new' look or mod I had done to my car. Now I understand what was so funny!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #24
68vert is on a distinguished road

68vert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitz Stang View Post
Jim you are just old/not with it. I can tell you this, because I have discovered that I too am old/not with it and that is why I don't understand this (or many of the other things the youngsters do these days) either.

If you are old enough to remember the first time this was popular it was called 'shaving' the emblems instead of 'debadging'. It's fun to watch these trends come back around, and to watch as the young crowd claims the trend as if it were their idea.

No offense meant to any of the young folks. I only know this because I can remember my dad and grandpa laughing when I told them about the 'new' look or mod I had done to my car. Now I understand what was so funny!
Dude, your sig says your 36. Not 86!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #25
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
Some hate the TRD stickers and pull them off, others love them and stick them on their non-TRD! Whatever floats your boat.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #26
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is a TRD edition with SR5 package and I run no logos or badges and i like the look of it that way.

If someone has no idea what type of truck I have.. they really arent into off using a truck for more than a grocery getter with the occasional dump runs.

Mine is clearly a custom vehicle from nose to rear.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #27
04Tacomabuild is on a distinguished road

Name: Reese
04Tacomabuild's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vert View Post
Dude, your sig says your 36. Not 86!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #28
68vert is on a distinguished road

68vert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
Mine is a TRD edition with SR5 package and I run no logos or badges and i like the look of it that way.

If someone has no idea what type of truck I have.. they really arent into off using a truck for more than a grocery getter with the occasional dump runs.

Mine is clearly a custom vehicle from nose to rear.

Your rig is sweet!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #29
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vert View Post
Your rig is sweet!
Thanks, It's been a labor of love and wallet emptying.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #30
//TRD
GeauxTigers is on a distinguished road

Name: Caleb
GeauxTigers's Tacoma Gallery
I've been considering debadging mine for a while, but I'm scared that the paint will look faded behind the emblems and the trd decals after 6 years of sun exposure. The truck is Black Sand Pearl.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #31
drsus is on a distinguished road

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
forst becase i paid toyota for the truck, no the other way around, so i don't feel the need to go around looking like I'm sponsored by TRD/Toyota with as many emblems as they put on these things....im a amazed they dont put a huge sticks that says "it comes with a stereo!!"
Old 06-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #32
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
i really want to debadge my doors, but im afraid of having a mark where time has altered that paint underneath. . . . . but then again, the longer i wait the worse it must be getting. ..

hmm.

. .
brb
Old 06-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #33
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I hate chrome myself so I originally pulled everything off, decals and all. Liked the clean look but thought it looked a little boring. Went with black emblems and black sock monkey TRD decal. A mentioned, just personal preference for wanting something a little different.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #34
jbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the rough
jbrenn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAJIM View Post
Ok, I guess I am just not with it/ old or a supporter of Madison Avenue but what is the deal with debadging ??? I see many posts about it. Is it done for style or for a protest against "Toyota" and or the Dealerships ?? Hell, my first 1980 SR5 had a 4 foot "Toyota" across the tail gate, now just a 10 inch chrome Toyota is OK with me. Thanks i advance for all replies

Be Safe JIM
I did it because i have seen to many "am y", "olla" and the best on A red early 80's pickup that just says "yo" that is all that is left for the 4 foot "toyota" on the tailgate
Old 06-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #35
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
easier to buff
Old 06-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #36
yippee ki yay mother cluckers
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
no body does it to stick it to the man, just looks and little labor reasons
Old 06-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #37
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
Instead of de-badged, I might try tri-badged and get three full sets of them. Put toyota on every body panel. whos with me? hello, anyone????
Old 06-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #38
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tango down View Post
Instead of de-badged, I might try tri-badged and get three full sets of them. Put toyota on every body panel. whos with me? hello, anyone????

have to start with the huge TACOMA windshield banner so everyone knows what's coming down the road...
maybe a Toyota emblem on each side of that.. should be a good start
Old 06-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #39
Who needs roads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj636 View Post
have to start with the huge TACOMA windshield banner so everyone knows what's coming down the road...
maybe a Toyota emblem on each side of that.. should be a good start
TRD stickers on your mirrors to me like the ricers, and stack company logos down the door near the quarter panel.

Products Discussed in this Thread