Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Debadging ??? Please explain the reason

Old 06-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #41
The light was yellow, Sir.
bridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
bridaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAJIM View Post
Ok, I guess I am just not with it/ old or a supporter of Madison Avenue but what is the deal with debadging ??? I see many posts about it. Is it done for style or for a protest against "Toyota" and or the Dealerships ?? Hell, my first 1980 SR5 had a 4 foot "Toyota" across the tail gate, now just a 10 inch chrome Toyota is OK with me. Thanks i advance for all replies

Be Safe JIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitz Stang View Post
Jim you are just old/not with it. I can tell you this, because I have discovered that I too am old/not with it and that is why I don't understand this (or many of the other things the youngsters do these days) either.

If you are old enough to remember the first time this was popular it was called 'shaving' the emblems instead of 'debadging'. It's fun to watch these trends come back around, and to watch as the young crowd claims the trend as if it were their idea.

No offense meant to any of the young folks. I only know this because I can remember my dad and grandpa laughing when I told them about the 'new' look or mod I had done to my car. Now I understand what was so funny!
Classic. Two 36 year olds calling themselves old guys.

I always remove stickers from my purchases. If I can't remove it I black it out. I don't care to advertise and I don't like the cluttered look. I really don't like chrome and it is much easier to clean with it all gone. All those letters and numbers can hold a lot of sand.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #42
phantomblackgto is on a distinguished road
Name: Martin
phantomblackgto's Tacoma Gallery
Hell, I'm almost 50 and they didn't even stay on 24 hours. Clean look and so much easier to wash and wax. Maybe I'm just lazy.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #43
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridaw View Post

I always remove stickers from my purchases. If I can't remove it I black it out. I don't care to advertise and I don't like the cluttered look. I really don't like chrome and it is much easier to clean with it all gone. All those letters and numbers can hold a lot of sand.

Anyone remember the days when bumper stickers first became popular? Amusement parks and such would go around putting one on every car in the parking lot while you were inside. Hard as the dickens to get off too, you pretty much had to use some kind of chemical.

Hey but a lot of folks liked them, sort of a fad back then to see who had visited the most places, I reckon.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #44
Spitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Spitz Stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I look older than I actually am!

Old 06-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #45
Deuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Deuxdiesel's Tacoma Gallery
Day-um Phantom, that truck is sharp!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #47
stowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
stowayman's Tacoma Gallery

kept badging on beemer deleted badging from taco for seemingly no logical explanation
Old 06-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #48
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stowayman View Post

kept badging on beemer deleted badging from taco for seemingly no logical explanation
nice beemer
Old 06-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #49
drubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant future

Air Force: Avionics Craftsman, 33 AMXS, 33 Fighter Wing
Name: Brad
drubacca117's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stowayman View Post

You love that fucking Beemer... ... I'd keep that badged too, haha!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #50
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drubacca117 View Post
You love that fucking Beemer... ... I'd keep that badged too, haha!
hahahahah he really does. it is nice though
Old 06-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #52
fvtalon is a jewel in the roughfvtalon is a jewel in the roughfvtalon is a jewel in the roughfvtalon is a jewel in the rough

Name: Mike
fvtalon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't care to advertise and I don't like the cluttered look. I really don't like chrome and it is much easier to clean with it all gone. All those letters and numbers can hold a lot of sand.
Well said. For one thing I'm just kind of sick of writing and advertisements on damn near everything. The back of a lot of pickups look like novels. With a few accessories on it you might have "Lund, Pop n lock, Chevrolet Sierra HD 3500 4x4 Duramax Diesel Allison Transmission, Bob's Chevrolet - heartbeat of america (on a sticker and the plate frame) then the state, state slogan, and actual license plate number on the plate and don't forget '4x4' on both mudflaps.

I can't get rid of the plate but every other logo is gone with the exception of the T on the grille, which will be gone when I do a satoshi. Resist being a corporate whore!

The other thing is it just looks cleaner. I debadge all my vehicles, it's a clean simple look and the other thing I really like is it makes it a lot easier to wash and wax without badges and stickers in the way.

As for the Bimmer you wouldn't debadge it because the badges are the reason you buy one in the first place.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:58 AM   #53
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvtalon View Post
Well said. For one thing I'm just kind of sick of writing and advertisements on damn near everything. The back of a lot of pickups look like novels. With a few accessories on it you might have "Lund, Pop n lock, Chevrolet Sierra HD 3500 4x4 Duramax Diesel Allison Transmission, Bob's Chevrolet - heartbeat of america (on a sticker and the plate frame) then the state, state slogan, and actual license plate number on the plate and don't forget '4x4' on both mudflaps.

I can't get rid of the plate but every other logo is gone with the exception of the T on the grille, which will be gone when I do a satoshi. Resist being a corporate whore!

The other thing is it just looks cleaner. I debadge all my vehicles, it's a clean simple look and the other thing I really like is it makes it a lot easier to wash and wax without badges and stickers in the way.

As for the Bimmer you wouldn't debadge it because the badges are the reason you buy one in the first place.
for some reason the windshield banners have always made me laugh

you should banner the beemer if you haven't already
Old 10-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #54
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Name: josh
jmangone's Tacoma Gallery
I just got my taco a few days ago and i want to debadge it badly! what is the cleanest and best way to accomplish this? any help is great. i like the clean look as well so they gots to go.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #55
Mr. Magoo
MonkeyChief is on a distinguished road

Name: Citizen #1839-7634-001
MonkeyChief's Tacoma Gallery
I did it for gas mileage, aerodynamics you know...

Nah, really, just like the look better, and yes it easier to wax without them.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #56
MikeyMT is on a distinguished road

MikeyMT's Tacoma Gallery
Too bro-bra for my tastes...but whatever floats your boat.

Why did you get the color truck you did...different strokes for different folks
Old 10-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #57
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmangone View Post
I just got my taco a few days ago and i want to debadge it badly! what is the cleanest and best way to accomplish this? any help is great. i like the clean look as well so they gots to go.
All you need is a blow dryer (or heat gun), fishing line, and some goo gone (or wd40).

Start by warming the emblem up with the blow dryer. Wave the dryer back and forth to slowly warm up the emblem. You will start to feel it get warm (doesn't need to be hot).

Then use the fishing line to saw up and down (holding the line vertical) between the glue and emblem. Keep the line against the emblem, not the paint.

Use your finger (skin not nail) to rub the majority of the glue off. Then, using a clean microfiber towel, use some googone to get rid of the rest of the glue. Wash then wax (if desired).

Lastly, grab a cold brew from the fridge, and enjoy your labors.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #58
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post
All you need is a blow dryer (or heat gun), fishing line, and some goo gone (or wd40).

Start by warming the emblem up with the blow dryer. Wave the dryer back and forth to slowly warm up the emblem. You will start to feel it get warm (doesn't need to be hot).

Then use the fishing line to saw up and down (holding the line vertical) between the glue and emblem. Keep the line against the emblem, not the paint.

Use your finger (skin not nail) to rub the majority of the glue off. Then, using a clean microfiber towel, use some googone to get rid of the rest of the glue. Wash then wax (if desired).

Yes. All but the beverage part. That should be the first step!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #59
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Name: josh
jmangone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post

thanks i hope to have it done this weekend and soon to post the beginning of the mods and what not.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #60
BlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really nice
Name: Thomas
BlindingWhiteTac.'s Tacoma Gallery
Easier to keep it clean. The neighbor down the street has a Taco with a miniature rain forest growing around his badges.