1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma depreciation and GAP insurance

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RhodeIsland4x4, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Jul 1, 2012 at 6:23 AM
    hogeyphenogey

hogeyphenogey Back in a Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Agawam, MA
    Vehicle:
    Lunar Rock 2023 TRD Sport 6spd
    Why does toyota force gap insurance into a lease? Because they know the value of it. get it. It's cheap and works. Even if you pay $300 for it, and let's say you're payoff is $1500 more than insurance will give, the deductible on your insurance is $500 so you now owe $2000. Very realistic numbers. Gap takes care of that and you're good to go.

2. Jul 1, 2012 at 9:16 AM
    AFZ

AFZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    IN
    Vehicle:
    4x4 AC 4.0 TRD OR
    NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THE DEALER/BANK/LOAN OFFICER.

Hell don't even finance through the dealer, they HAVE NEVER HAD GOOD RATES in any of my car buying trips.

My 05 which I just bought they offered me 9.2% for 48... because it's old. My bank gave me me 3.1%... go figure.

Watch out for other add in garbage.

Lifetime Highway Assist for $500
    Glass Etching/Theft for $450
    Gap insurance $350

If you need GAP insurance (ie because buying a new Cavalier for $17,000 on a 60 month loan but it is worth $5,600 in 2 years) then that should be a strong indicator that you should not buy such a car.

3. Jul 1, 2012 at 9:22 AM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    It's just like any other insurance. Try and figure out how much the hit will be if you total the truck and don't have it. If you could absorb it, and you feel it's unlikely to actually happen, maybe you don't need it.

Products Discussed in

To Top