Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The (hopefully) million mile thread.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #201
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
That's so cool! I hope that my Tacoma lasts that long. That truck from BC too. Awesome!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #202
Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask
JayDawg is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayDawg's Tacoma Gallery
My 07' Tacoma 4x4 just hit 36k and it is 5 1/2 years old. I feel like such a panzy compared to your accomplishment on your truck. I love what you have been able to do in your truck though. What an awesome story.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:10 AM   #204
ripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ripewithdecay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota243 View Post
monthly report time??
Not a ton to report mileage wise. Think I'm just about at 420k now. However I think my auto transmission may finally be wearing out. Maybe someone can chime in and give me their opinion.

Basically every time I'm in overdrive there is a very noticeable hum. It only makes the noise in overdrive, and only while pressing the gas. Letting off the gas makes the noise stop. If I shift it to the higher gear the noise isn't present either. The fluid level/color/smell is good. Any input would be appreciated, thanks guys.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:11 AM   #205
ripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ripewithdecay's Tacoma Gallery
Also it is louder at interstate speeds
Old 05-23-2013, 05:26 AM   #206
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Hard to say. Take it to a few independent transmission shops for free estimates. You can try a dealership, but IME, they aren't that experienced with transmission repair, opting to swap parts or send vehicles to a local transmission shop.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #207
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Hard to say. Take it to a few independent transmission shops for free estimates. You can try a dealership, but IME, they aren't that experienced with transmission repair, opting to swap parts or send vehicles to a local transmission shop.
Dealerships are real good at telling you you need a new transmission and changing it for your at a high price tag even if that's not the case.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #209
maykevin5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
maykevin5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
The 93 I just got is 13 years older and he has over 4.5x what i have also. . . Over 60k miles a year is insane!
at 22mpg thats $10,000 a year. Might want to buy a prius...
Old 05-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #210
13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of
Air Force: Security Forces 02-06
13TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
im excited for this thread! lol
Old 05-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #211
islander83 is on a distinguished road

Name: Derek
islander83's Tacoma Gallery
I hope to give my 08 4.0 to my son when he turns 16... He's only 4 now and the truck has 75k miles!!!
Old 05-24-2013, 06:52 AM   #213
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by islander83 View Post
I hope to give my 08 4.0 to my son when he turns 16... He's only 4 now and the truck has 75k miles!!!
One lucky son! Hope he enjoys it and drives the hell out of it
Old 07-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #215
junkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant future
Name: Erik
junkman's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #216
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
impressive.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #217
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maykevin5 View Post
at 22mpg thats $10,000 a year. Might want to buy a prius...
People are still using that stupid Prius line, eh? Sure, man. Makes sense
Old 08-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #218
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
People are still using that stupid Prius line, eh? Sure, man. Makes sense
I paid $2000 for my car that pulls about 45 mpg at 75 mph on the interstate
Old 09-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #220
Crazy88 is on a distinguished road
Crazy88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerking View Post
What kind of car?

A '92-'95 Honda Civic VX or a Geo Metro I'm guessing.