Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The (hopefully) million mile thread.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:18 AM   #1
ripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ripewithdecay's Tacoma Gallery
The (hopefully) million mile thread.

2006 Tacoma 2.7l access cab

I know im still a long ways off, but it's my goal to have this truck make a million miles. I figured I would make a thread to document mileage milestones and any issues I have along the way.

My first posts were about two years ago and at that point i had around 230K miles on my truck. I now average about 70K miles a year.

Here's a complete list of things i have done to my truck (aside from religiously maintaining it):

U joint somewhere in the 100k's (70$)
OEM Crankshaft sensor at about 230k (100$ish)
Rebuilt Alternator at about 345k ($60)
Walker Catalytic Converter at about 365k ($275 before $50mail in rebate)
Valve Cover Gasket at 395k (35$)

Still on original rear drum brakes! Just had them checked again and they still have meat on them!

More updates as they come!

http://youtu.be/J14TNcPkbyo
Old 06-29-2012, 03:25 AM   #2
ripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shedripewithdecay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Oh and i should probably update accidents along the way.

Accident 1: Texting guy in Accord rear ended my truck and got raped by my hitch.
Winner: TACO

Accident 2: Kamikaze buck hits front corner
Winner: Draw, we both limped away

Accident 3: Kamikaze doe hits access door
Winner: TACO, doe not so much
Old 06-29-2012, 04:24 AM   #3
Hot2na is a jewel in the roughHot2na is a jewel in the roughHot2na is a jewel in the roughHot2na is a jewel in the rough
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of servicing have you done to the transmission to get it to last that long ??
Old 06-29-2012, 04:38 AM   #4
I usually change it every 40k or so. I do a ton of interstate driving, rarely a light tow. Change oil every 5k with whatever 5w30 high mileage oil is on special at autozone.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:58 AM   #5
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome and I hope you reach your goal. Just take care of her as you have and it should work out. Incidentally, I love Crossville. Beautiful area. My cousin went to medical school there.

Again, welcome to TW
Old 06-29-2012, 05:27 AM   #6
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
subbed. i'm rooting for ya!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:33 AM   #7
The Polar Bear
Devux is on a distinguished road

Name: Devin
Devux's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed. That's awesome. Can't believe you're still on the original drums!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #9
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Another 4 banger guy here with the same goal! I plan to drive mine til she quits, if that ever happens! So far, I have almost 30k, got a long ways before I catch up to you! Will be watching this thread, any pics of said 4 banger? I want to see how it's held up to the test of time and mileage.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #10
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Pics of the engine bay would be a plus too if you can!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:31 AM   #11
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
This is very cool. I'm definitely pulling for ya!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #12
white91formula is on a distinguished road
white91formula's Tacoma Gallery
id be happy to make it to 200k, never mind that, congrats

and good luck with the million miles
Old 06-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #13
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #14
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, doubt I will be as lucky lol
Old 06-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #15
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to watch this thread. I think that it's a great goal to have. I have 987,000 km's before I hit a million. I'll be there one day.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #16
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Almost half way there!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #17
rhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vladimir
rhavin42's Tacoma Gallery
subbed, and rootin for you and the TACO!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #18
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome OP! That puts a smile on my face knowing I can get well over 300k miles out of my truck with normal maintenance!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #19
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Awesome OP! That puts a smile on my face knowing I can get well over 300k miles out of my truck with normal maintenance!
Me too! I'm sure that you can't say that with other brands out there.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #20
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
That is awesome. I'm hoping to get reliable 400 000kms or more out of this thing. Good to know I stand a decent chance.

Any pics of your truck?