Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Strange Popping Noise...Please help

Old 06-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
patrickdavison28 is on a distinguished road
Name: patrick
patrickdavison28's Tacoma Gallery
Strange Popping Noise...Please help

Before anyone grills me...I have looked for this thread. Anyways, I have a 2006 AC 4cyl 5 speed 4X4 tacoma. From a dead stop when I take off there is a popping noise in the left rear. It will pop once or twice then it is fine. I have aftermarket wheels (pacer bulletholes) but I have checked the lugs and they are tight. It happens everytime, but worse when I am turning left. If anyone has any opinions about what this could be please let me know. thanks
Old 06-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
U-Joints, Center bearing, U-Bolts holding leaf pack, worn pinion gear, Brakes ... Could be a lot of things.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
patrickdavison28 is on a distinguished road
Name: patrick
patrickdavison28's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
U-Joints, Center bearing, U-Bolts holding leaf pack, worn pinion gear, Brakes ... Could be a lot of things.
My leafs squeek really bad...planning on doing the bicycle tire tube trick. I never thought about the U-Bolts holding the leaf pack being the problem. When I do the leaf squeek repair Ill be sure and tighten them. Anyone know ft/lbs for the ubolts to be torqued? Really hoping it's not the gear, and I know it's not the brakes.