Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Does anyone have a high output air compressor installed?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
dougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nice
Name: Doug
dougmays's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dougmays
Does anyone have a high output air compressor installed?

Currently i have a $20 compressor from walmart that fits nicely under my driver's side back seat storage and it works fine so small tasks (such as bike tires or sports equipment) but for tires, larger inflatables and bigger stuff it takes forrrrever.

My ex-gf had a Envoy that had a built in compressor which was great for blowing up tires. Does anyone have something like this installed on there Taco? If so where? And can you send pics?

thanks in advance
Old 01-06-2009, 07:29 AM   #2
dougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nice
nobody on here has put a air compressor in there Taco??
Old 01-06-2009, 07:36 AM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
PM silver07taco. He's got a setup on his rig.

His build thread is here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bui...cos-build.html
Old 01-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #4
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmays View Post
nobody on here has put a air compressor in there Taco??
pb2themax has - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/832238/7
Old 01-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #5
did you guys (hopefully the owners jump on for the 3rd part posts) do the installs yourself? To attach the 5 gal. tank underneath, was it welded on?

how much would the whole set up be, from someone who has gotten this one?
Old 01-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #7
Crazy Person.....
br217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nice
br217398's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to br217398
not high output, but i have this for my train horns....... just an idea

Old 01-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #8
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
I think silverback07 has the best OBA set up on here.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #9
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I have the ARB CKMA12 High Output air compressor on my FJ. It is a 50% duty cycle (30min on 30min off). I mounted it right behind the air intake tube coming from the fender. I can air up 4 tires from 15psi to 36psi in under 12 minutes

Old 01-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #10
banshee
do you have a tank installed under the truck for more storage? do you run a hose to the back of the truck or just connect and disconnect right from the hood?
Old 01-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #11
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmays View Post
banshee
do you have a tank installed under the truck for more storage? do you run a hose to the back of the truck or just connect and disconnect right from the hood?
I'm in the process of having a 3.5 gallon tank fabbed up and that will go under and aft of the rear axle. I will run a fill line and a line that runs then splits to the fron bullbar and rear bumper. For now I just pop the hood and op in the hose and go.

I have to say that the ARB compressor came with everything you will ever need. Wiring loom, relays, pressure switch, switch and conectors for future air locker switches. Instructions were clear and concise. The hardest part of installation was finding a place to put the air compressor.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #12
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
if you wanted to go cheap, but wanted some good power, you should look at the MV50 pump. It is highly rated.

http://www.amazon.com/Q-Industries-M...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t
Old 01-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #13
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
if you wanted to go cheap, but wanted some good power, you should look at the MV50 pump. It is highly rated.

http://www.amazon.com/Q-Industries-M...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t
X2 I have one of them as a backup, There nice for a cheap-o
Old 01-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #14
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Air Zenith unit that PB installed on his. I haven't mounted it yet as the truck is in the shop. I'm going to try and put it in the same place he did. It's a 100% duty cycle pump that puts out 2.83 cfm.
I also have a 4.5 gallon tank that I need to mount somewhere. Since the BakFlip has a small 6" section that doesn't fold, I may see if I can mount it up there.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #15
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
Banshee, what size tires do you have on your FJ?

Products Discussed in this Thread